Senior / Lead Developer
Slough (or Cardiff)
Up to 50,000
The Tigerbay team is growing and we are looking for ambitious individuals to join us on our journey.
Who are Tigerbay?
Since 2008 Tigerbay has grown to become one of the leading travel solutions providers for specialist tour operators. In December 2015 Tigerbay was acquired by the ATCORE Technology Group, providing investment and support from the leading supplier of high performance e-commerce platforms to some of the worlds largest leisure travel companies.
Based in central Cardiff, we are proud to have some of the best guys in the business on the team. Each and every individual we hire shares a passion for what we do, from those who have been here from day one, to those who started a few months ago. Everyone is encouraged to share their knowledge and ideas with the rest of the team. Not only that, we also offer a warm, bright and spacious area for you to work in, complete with a chill-out area, foosball table and pool table.
Our developers are a talented bunch, passionate about creating amazing software. Working in cross-functional teams, adopting an Agile approach, means that each and every member of our team is empowered to make decisions when it comes to delivering high-functioning, high quality software. As we expand we continue to take on the latest technologies, ensuring that our customers are provided with the best possible solutions as well as service.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a talented developer who can develop in many different Microsoft technologies such as Web Forms (VB/C#), MVC and Web API. We are open to someone bringing their experience of other technologies to Tigerbay, but this is not a necessity as we are currently embarking upon a journey utilising more modern technologies such as .Net Core / Angular, where training in this technology transformation can be provided. We are simply looking for an exceptional developer who can write great code, with best practice in mind, in any technology.
As a senior, you will be involved in:
- Developing new features in our Web Forms application
- Maintaining and supporting existing production customers and systems
- Actively contributing to the adoption of strong software architecture and development best practices. We are always improving the process of building software; we need you to help contribute
- Migrations to desired architectures
- Contribute to wider teams knowledge and experience
- Coaching and mentoring of new and existing recruits
- Taking ownership of solutions and resolving issues
Skills that are required:
- ASP.NET Web Forms
- SQL Server and Stored Procedures
- Experience of understanding and improving an existing application
- Knowledge of development best practices (BDD/TDD, SOLID, Design Patterns)
Skills that are desired:
- Good understanding or experience of Agile
- ASP.NET Web API
- ASP.NET MVC
- ASP.NET Core
- Source Control (SVN)
- NoSQL DBMSs such as MongoDB
- API integration experience (RESTful, SOAP and/or WCF)
- CSS pre-processors such as LESS/Sass
- ORMs such as Entity Framework, NHibernate
- Knowledge of cloud architectures and platforms (Azure/AWS/Google)
- Containerisation Platforms (Docker/Kubernetes/DC OS)
- DevOps (CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code, ALM)
- Selenium Web Driver
What else is important?
- Passion for developing high quality code
- Desire to learn and share new ideas
- Have a collaborative approach
- Being actively involved in communicating with customers
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain issues clearly and simply, both orally and in writing
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Creative with a logical and methodical approach to problem solving and a strong attention to detail
- Have a positive attitude and enthusiasm to deliver great software
If this sounds like something youd like to be a part of please get in touch with Ceri Pritchard, Talent Acquisition Lead.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959363977