Field Service Engineer
POWERVAULT Field Service Engineer
Powervault is a new and rapidly expanding company who design and manufacture an IoT cleantech product, which helps UK home owners store and use electricity more efficiently. The company is looking to hire an exceptional Systems Engineer to join our ever-expanding Technical Team to aid the development and deployment of functional improvements for our smart energy storage device. This is an opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing areas of the internet of things: energy storage and smart grid technology.
We are currently a team of 26 and operate from an office near London Bridge amongst a cluster of other rapidly-expanding start-ups.
You will be a highly motivated individual who feels comfortable working in a cross-functional team. We have a lot to do, so we are looking for someone with a can-do attitude, who is happy to chip-in wherever and whenever necessary.
Your knowledge of customer service, electrical systems, and troubleshooting will help you to make a significant contribution to the growth of Powervault. You will have a high appetite for problem solving and a keen attention to detail, in the area of safety and documentation. On a daily basis you are able organise your work in an efficient manner. You are willing to drive to customers? homes in order to perform installations or troubleshoot known or unknown issues with existing units. Occasionally, an overnight say may be required.
You will also be working closely with your colleagues, and as such, you?ll be an excellent team player and continuously communicative. You?ll receive flexible hours, but timeliness when the customer is involved is imperative. You will need a cooperative attitude to your working situation in general while maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
The ideal candidate will have a solid technical background with a minimum of 3 years? experience in renewable energy, technical customer service or electrical equipment maintenance.
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Sound knowledge of electrical systems, and compliance to health and safety, and electrical rules and regulations
- Able to represent Powervault in a professional manner at all times
- Position holder must be able to interface effectively with all levels of personnel both within and outside the company
- Responsible for discussions with electricians and customers.
- Update our customer service database and stay on top of our customer enquiries
- Able to help customers over the phone with technical issues and questions related to our product.
- Able to recognise unique issues and highlight them for the design team
- Develop a ?to-do? list for our customer service engineers and order material necessary for successful customer visits
- Developing and maintaining a good working relationship with customers and service persons outside of the company
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
With electrician qualifications or 17th or 18th edition of City and Guilds electrical wiring regulations and with knowledge of residential electrical installations.
- Safety systems
- Basic knowledge of current battery technologies
- Basic understanding of Power Electronics
- Knowledge of 3 phase power
- Basic knowledge of renewable energy
- Basic understanding of programming concepts and techniques
- UK Driving license held for at least one year
- £20k to £35k per annum plus pension
- Fix term contract or temporary to full time
- 25 days of holiday per annum
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959360674