Occupational Therapy Assistant
Position: Occupational Therapy Assistant Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire Type of role: Full time Permanent Salary: £18000-£22000 (Dependent upon experience) plus excellent benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week Monday-Friday At Meridian Business Support we are recruiting for an Occupational Therapist Assistant for a market leading and an award winning provider for daily living aids rehabilitation equipment.
Our client is looking for individuals who want to be a part of a team and care and take pride in delivering exceptionally customer service to their clients in the community.
Occupational Therapy Assistant duties include but not limited to:
- Providing advice, via telephone, email and live web chat, to Customers on equipment solutions in the Suppliers Catalogue, supported by a qualified OT
- Liaising with suppliers, client product management and Healthcare professionals as required
- Supporting the purchasing team in the production and maintenance of Integrated Community Equipment Services online catalogues.
- Ensuring initial set up of the catalogue is in accordance to commissioners requirements and ensuring the catalogue (images and copy) is clinically accurate enabling ease of use by prescribers
- Ensuring the catalogue is maintained as an accurate clinical record taking into account any changes made to product by manufacturers and / or commissioners.
- Supporting the OT's in the contract in cataloguing special equipment effectively
- Support the development of the Safe+Well retail / assessment service within NRS Healthcare for Self Funding Service Users
- Demonstrate an appropriate level of knowledge and skills in the field of the equipment needs of adults.
- Attend meetings, exhibitions and conferences as required being an ambassador for the clients business
- Make equipment recommendations, under the clinical supervision of the OT, as required.
Occupational Therapy Assistant Keys Skills and competencies include:
- Experience of working with disabled adults and older people
- Knowledge of Daily Living Aids and experience of working with Healthcare Professionals
- Experience of working with a range of partner organisations
- Excellent interpersonal skills & Team working
- Good communication, listening and observational skills face to face and on the telephone
- Effective written skills, organisation, time management and IT skills
- Ability to prioritise your work and use your own initiative with a positive attitude
- A willingness to learn and demonstrable Knowledge and practice of good customer care skills
- Physical ability to handle, demonstrate and fit Daily Living Aids
- To have knowledge of minor adaptations
- Relevant additional qualifications e.g. NVQ level II / III in Health and Social Care
In return we offer:
- 33 days holiday inc of bank holidays(rising 1 day per year after 3 years to a maximum of 38 days)
- Comprehensive sick pay scheme, Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Exclusive employee discounts, savings and competitions
- Bike to work scheme and Free parking
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance programme
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Occupational Therapy Assistant role and are looking for a new challenge but one with a difference then please send a CV and covering letter explaining why you should be considered for the position. To ************************ or call on *********** / ***********
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959352755