Engineer - Squeak and Rattle
RLE has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Engineer to join the largest automaker in the world. The role will be based in Cranfield, Bedfordshire, with the possibility of travel to other European sites.
Mission & Main Objectives
- To support Squeak and Rattle test team by monitoring and analysing European plant concerns, develop Countermeasures for them together with design departments and validate their application
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Good communication with plant Quality teams in order to understand Squeak and Rattle concerns for current models.
- Analysis of data to identify reoccurrence of similar issues across different plants
- Develop Countermeasures together with VQA/Design departments.
- Confirm Countermeasures effect by test (at R&D facility or Plant Proving Ground).
- Feedback high incident rate concerns to the test team so standard update can be studied if applicable.
- Find noise source (ie: noise coming from inside of CPM - Glovebox).
- Root cause of that noise (ie: clip broken, measured part not to design intent, gap between parts not present on CAD data, etc).
- Propose suitable C/M (ie: add foam, silent tape, modify part clip, etc).
- Test C/M effect
Background and Experience
- Bachelor?s degree in engineering or related subject
- Must have Squeak and Rattle experience: stick slip, tapping, rubbing noises, etc.
- General plastics materials background desirable.
- Experience with Squeak and Rattle countermeasures: adding silent tapes, foams, lubricants, etc.
- Travelling to manufacturing facilities required: NMUK, NMISA, NMGR and Flins.
- Good communication skills (have to liaise with manufacturing teams and design teams)
- Problem solving
- Fact and data driven
- Good analysis skills and fluent on quality tools (Pareto, etc)
- Good reporting skills (MS Office, etc).
- Driving permit
- Good reporting and data analysing required
- Able to detect common issues and prioritise actions to be taken
- Able to arrange vehicle evaluations with VQA support
- Good communication with relevant departments
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959353900