Exciting opportunity not to be missed! Best Western has an opportunity available for a Communications Officer to join their Marketing & E-commerce team in York. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a competitive salary.
About the Company
Interchange & Consort Hotels incorporates two high profile organisations:
- Best Western Great Britain "Hotels with Personality" - the largest group of independently owned and managed hotels in the World
- Beacon - a specialist provider of purchasing, consultancy and advisory services to over 2,000 customers in the hospitality, leisure and healthcare industries
We have a fantastic, friendly and fun working environment, and we are committed to being a great place to work.
The main purpose of the Communications Officer role is the delivery of effective and engaging communications across multiple channels, engaging internal staff as well as hotels. The successful candidate will be the main contact for all ICH and member communications supporting the organisation in achieving its business goal to be the leading hotel brand for memorable, shareable experiences.
What are the responsibilities of the Communications Officer?
- To be the main contact for internal communications for ICH including Best Western and Beacon
- To continually evaluate the success of communications, working with a broad range of stakeholders
- To write, edit, schedule and send e-communications. To continually measure their success and improve their performance
- Manage address lists to ensure success of communications to hotels
- To produce and deliver engaging content (stories, images, infographics and videos) for a range of audiences
- To write, collate and edit an internal staff magazine electronically and in print
- To undertake project work e.g. Develop and implement a communications strategy for Business Change
- To be an administrator of team's social media platforms
- To work alongside the Business Management Team and Senior Leadership Team to support and input on company-wide announcements and cascade messages to the membership
- To contribute to wider communications, PR and marketing campaigns
What do we look for in a Communications officer?
Someone who is committed to helping to build a culture where two-way communication is seen as fundamental and integral to the success of the organisation and encourage a climate where brilliant communication is seen as the business of every staff member
- Experience of managing, or working within a team to deliver campaigns, taking a pivotal role in projects, from inception to conclusion, managing deadlines effectively
- Experience of working to targets and delivering against KPI's
- An understanding of the various mediums and channels of marketing
- Experience of implementing communications strategies and measuring their effectiveness
- Experience of advising senior managers on communications
- Experience of being involved in projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Experience of writing for a variety of audiences
Qualifications / Knowledge
- Degree qualified or qualified by experience
- Proficient in Office including Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook
If you wish to join our exceptionally talented staff community and take the next step to advance your future career by becoming our Communications Officer - Why not click 'apply' today to send your CV and a covering letter?
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959351099