Research & Software Developer
Research & Software Developer
Salary: Competitive Salary plus Generous Benefits
We?re hiring a Research & Software Developer/Junior Data Scientist to help accelerate product innovation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a bright, inquisitive technophile (probably educated to PhD level in a data-intensive science/engineering discipline or a master?s degree with experience working with data for a few years) to sit and work alongside like-minded, but more experienced individuals, from whom they can learn and bounce ideas off.
You?ll be hard pressed to find a place where you?ll get as much freedom to explore ideas, solve diverse problems, chart the course of the project and even the course of the group. The flip side is you need to be prepared to do some of the heavy lifting, whether that?s plumbing in and cleaning a new data source or seeking out and maintaining the right software and programming languages.
Projects can last anything from a day to a few months and range from an important Business Intelligence insight to back-end applications that drive the majority of the applications made on our eleven digital brands, including totaljobs, CWJobs & Jobsite.
The role presents the opportunity to develop along an architecture or data science path or both, depending upon your talents and interests, but right from the start you?ll need a toolbox of skills that contains statistics, a working understanding of computation, algorithms and programming.
You?ll work alongside other smart people, asking questions, making things happen and writing programs that analyse data to solve real world problems.
- Probably educated to PhD level in a data-intensive science/engineering discipline or a master?s degree with experience working with data for a few years.
- Programming experience.
- A working knowledge of statistics and algorithm development.
Established since 1996, StepStone Group is one of the largest online job board businesses in the world. We employ over 2200 people, operate across 21 countries and are owned by Axel Springer Digital Classifieds, the worlds most established and successful media group.
StepStone own two businesses in the UK; the Totaljobs Group & Jobsite. Between us we employ circa 800 employees across 11 online brands operating as StepStone UK.
As employers we value talent, integrity, innovation and results whilst respecting our employee?s work-life balance, freedom and appetite for challenge and recognition.
We have big ambition and our employees do too.
You?ll join a team of passionate and talented colleagues within a fast paced, fun, friendly, supportive and collaborative environment.
- Integrity - Being uncompromising and consistent in our commitment to integrity;
- Results - Driving spectacular results for everyone ? happy employees, happy customers, happy candidates and happy shareholders;
- People - Building a company with teams where talent can thrive and flourish.
- Attractive basic salary;
- 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday;
- 29 days holiday plus bank holidays;
- Group Pension Scheme;
- Life Cover;
- Gym Discount;
- Eye Tests & contributions towards new glasses.
- Weekly exercise club.
After passing probation;
- Cycle to Work Scheme;
- Childcare Voucher Scheme;
- Amazon voucher birthday gift.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959345707