Our client is a leading global Insurer whose culture is energetic and imaginative. They are an inspirational brand that has the customer at the heart of everything they do. They have the confidence to disrupt their own status quo and are ambitious in attracting, hiring and retaining talented employees.
They are currently looking to grow their existing pricing team and are seeking a Junior/Graduate Market Pricing Analyst to join them. Based in Ipswich in this role you will support projects across different business lines and product offerings. One of the key requirements is identifying improvements to pricing structures with consideration to business requirements and other factors.
You could be working on some or all of the following activities:
- Investigations of customers? responses to price to build behavioural models
- Design and build model office environments to accurately predict the impact of any price change to the overall business
- Research & development to include data sources, data mining and alternative modelling techniques
- Competitor Analysis and market activity
- Price Optimisation techniques
- Peer Review of models and other work
- Monitoring of models to ensure they remain suitable for purpose
- Data reconciliation to ensure data accuracy for all projects
- Presentations to different committees
Areas of activity:
- Demand Modelling
- Propensity Modelling
- Geographical Modelling / Spatial Analysis
- Competitor Rate Modelling
- Researching and Monitoring competitor pricing activity
- Proposing tactical pricing actions
- Research and Development incl. automated modelling techniques
- Construction and Maintenance of Model Office suites
For success in this role you will need to have:
- Excellent numerical mathematical skills.
- Degree in a mathematics related discipline or evidence of equivalent proficiency.
(e.g. MSc statistics, Data Scientist).
- Good level of presentation and negotiation skills, the ability to explain complex issues to a non-technical audience.
- The ability to effectively plan and prioritise your own workload
- The ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines whilst maintaining reliability and accuracy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959350417