HMI / UI / UX Designer
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
SAIC Motor UK Technical Centre Limited is looking for an HMI / UI / UX Designer with strong visual, user interface and interaction design skills to join our team.
We are building a completely new generation of digital products for transportation and mobility, and we?d like you to be a part of this exciting future. We are bringing together designers and engineers to create, prototype, iterate, and test interface that is a class-leading, user-centred progressive experience.
Your background may be from the automotive, entertainment, internet, and consumer electronics industries. We?re looking for talented, curious, and passionate digital designers for these newly created roles.
- Design digital products that are thoughtful, beautiful, and usable
- Evolve rough ideas into prototypes and leading to production solutions
- Have a strong knowledge of layout, colour theory, typography, and iconography, human factors and apply that knowledge to designs
- Work closely with Product Owners and Engineers on moving a product from idea to production
- Meaningfully contribute to a shared set of best practices, standards, and application design guidelines
- Work cross-functionally with the Advanced Design team to establish what is important to users and help determine how future products will look, feel and operate.
SCOPE OF THE JOB
SAIC Design operates at a global level with an exciting and engaging environment, of both MG and Roewe brand design on behalf of SAIC Motor, a Fortune 500 global automotive OEM. We are a well-established but dynamic international design team offering a unique opportunity to take a role of influence to product design and brand vision.
The SAIC European Design Centre is committed to delivering Innovative Advanced Design solutions through knowledge and understanding founded in research. The studio environment offers a dynamic and integral interface to the global design team, with creative and expressive transfer of information, acting as a source of inspiration.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Significant HMI and User Interface/User Experience Design experience within the automotive or consumer electronics industry
- A deep understanding of the design and interaction nuances (inc iOS or Android)
- An observer-level understanding of Android Automotive (as presented at Google I/O 2016)
- Mastery of industry standard tools such as Photoshop, After Effects, HTML, CSS
- Good taste and a strong body of work which demonstrates an understanding of AI, UX and UI
- Strong communication skills and a history of teamwork and collaboration
- Experience working in a collaborative group environment
- Experience with prototyping, wire-framing, digital strategy
- An understanding of software engineering skills
- Good presentation and verbal skills
HOURS OF WORK
The employee is required to work 37 hours per week, based on a working week of Monday to Friday. Monday to Thursday 08:00am to 16:45pm and Friday 08:00am to 12:00pm.
LOCATION OF ROLE
The role will be based at the SAIC Motor UK Technical Centre, Lowhill Lane, Birmingham, B31 2BQ, UK
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
16th November 2017
- The job title/ description does not define or limit the work that you are employed to do and you may be required to do any work within your capacity which the Employer from time to time requires including transfers between departments.
- Your Job description may be altered by the Employer from time to time, either through business needs or to comply with Government legislation. Any such alteration will be notified to you in writing prior to implementation and an amended document issued.
- You may be required in the performance of duties or training to travel to such place or places in the United Kingdom or abroad, as the Employer reasonably requires.
Please note, it is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based job who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any jobs. (Refer: Home Office Website).
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959357674