This is an opportunity to join a company providing technical solutions within the defence and security sectors, marrying mechanical and electro-optical engineering to provide customers with innovative surveillance systems.
The role will see you develop firmware solutions for positioning systems, assisting with the electronics, electrical and mechanical design aspects where required to ensure all areas of a project come together.
Ideal candidates will be software engineers with experience in the defence industry, and those who have worked on naval projects could be of particular interest.
- Design and develop embedded software (C / VxWorks) and windows-based GUI programs (C++ / MFC / C# & Visual Studio)
- Define and implement effective procedures for the design, development and testing of new software
- Provide guidance and support to other engineers during software development project phases
- Assist management with the successful running & administration of engineering projects
- Progress items to required timescales so that overall project milestones are achieved
- Maintain up to date electronic records of development and project administration activities
- Work with customers to answer queries, assist integration, commissioning and problem resolution activities, on customer site when necessary
- Liaise with production team, shop floor staff and other teams as required
- Identify and mitigate risks within the design and development process
Experience & Qualifications
- Strong academic background in Software/Electronics Engineering is essential
- Could be a strong defence software engineer - naval experience would be ideal
- Experience of embedded software development with a solid understanding of the design life cycle
- Knowledge of VxWorks, and associated embedded C compilers is advantageous
- Experience of using C# / C++ for development of windows applications
- Some complementary electronics design experience is highly desired but not essential
- Experience of working to recognised coding standards, using source control, code review and bug tracking tools an advantage
*Applicants must be eligible for the required level of security clearance
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959345166