Management Accounts Team Leader
Management Accounts Team Leader (Will suit an Assistant Management Accountant ready to take the next step in their career)
This role will suit a driven Assistant Management Accountant looking to join a fast paced and ambitious organisation. You will be keen to take that next step in your career and so previous Team Lead/Management experience is not essential, but an individual with strong mentoring skills is ideal. You will be AAT qualified or part qualified ACCA/CIMA.
Location: Exchange Quay, Manchester
Salary: Up to £30,000 (dependent on experience)
Benefits: Bonus, matched pension contribution, 3 x DIS, 22 days holiday increasing with service, gym, pay day drinks
Looking to develop a career with an award winning business in the financial services industry? AJ Bell could have just the opportunity for you.
AJ Bell is one of the largest providers of online investment platforms and stockbroker services in the UK, with assets under administration exceeding £36.3 billion and more than 152,400 clients. Our award winning products include Small Self-Administered Schemes (SSAS), Self Invested Personal Pensions (SIPP), ISAs and Dealing Accounts. We have our head office in Manchester, as well as a Media office in London and a stock broking office in Tunbridge Wells.
As Management Accounts Team Lead you will have 3 direct reports and will supervise and assist with the production of the management accounts including the monitoring of the purchase ledger, sales ledger and cashbook functions in our new Manchester office at Exchange Quay.
Management Accounts responsibilities:
- Assist with the preparation of the group monthly management accounts (Business Review) for the Executive Management Board and Group Board
- Complete balance sheet reconciliation and month end supporting documentation for a number of legal entities.
- Daily review of purchase invoices & expense claims
- Review Sales reconciliations and assist with clearing reconciling items
- Review cashbooks for a number of legal entities
- Ensure work is carried out to a high standard and within agreed SLAs
- Produce and review reports and analyse variances for staff costs
- Complete and review product profitability
- Liaise with cost centre managers
- Safeguard company assets by carrying out routine checks on the fixed asset register
- Assist with ad hoc duties as required by the Management Accounts Manager
Team Leader responsibilities
- Training of 3 direct reports
- Oversee & maintain team SLAs
- Hold regular 1-2-1s and appraisals
- AAT qualified or ACCA/CIMA/ACA part-qualified with relevant experience within a similar role
- Team Leader/Management experience
- Excellent Excel skills, to pivot table, VLookup level
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Planning/organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexible and adaptable
- Attention to detail
- Conscientious and methodical approach to work
- In return we will provide all the training and support you need in order to develop within your role. There is no study support provided as part of the role.
- At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our strong guiding principles.
- There is an active programme of social events throughout the year which are open to all employees.
- Free onsite gym and classes.
- Pay day drinks.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959357356