AIX System Administrator
An AIX System Administrator is needed for a varied role within an infrastructure support team working for a FTSE 100 energy provider in Havant. The initial contract term will be 6 months with a view to being extended. Paying £400 (LTD) per day.
This is an interesting opportunity for someone with solid Redhat, AIX and Korn shell scripting experience that has been gained in a corporate environment. Day to day duties will be directly & technically involved in the workload of the infrastructure team ensuring quality of delivery. You will be using your broad system administration experience of Solaris & Redhat Linux, Websphere, and advanced shell scripting skills to contribute to:
* Creation of multi-tier environments
* Implementation & rollout of improvements & enhancements
* Development, documentation & maintenance of standards, strategies & processes
In addition, you will also provide technical support & guidance to business areas & other technical teams, challenge poor processes & contribute towards driving the Technical Roadmap. You need to be comfortable working within a large organisation that has clearly defined processes & boundaries.
Ideally you will have 5 years' AIX system administration experience combined with:
* Previous Korn shell scripting experience
* The ability to create multi-tier environments
* The ability to challenge poor processes
* System administration skills in the following; Solaris, Redhat Linux, Websphere and TSM
* A proven track record in reviewing and maintaining documentation and test plans
* Experience with SAN
* Experience with Oracle Clusterware
* Superb organisational skills combined with attention to detail
As well as having extensive knowledge in the above areas, you must be able to complete tasks efficiently and have a solid understanding of what it is needed to succeed. In exchange, you will have the opportunity to work for a high profile and well regarded firm that could be a springboard to further opportunities for one of Europe's leading IT service providers.
Zoon Link is operating as an Employment Business for this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959358526