Application Consultant (Quantity Surveyor)
Application Consultant (Quantity Surveying) required to join the Delivery / Consulting team of our client, a market leading, construction specific software provider. The primary focus of the role is the delivery of applications consultancy in the area of Quantity Surveying. The Application Consultant - Quantity Surveying will provide post sales application consultancy and implementation services to the company's clients and will also assist in new business demonstrations.
Suitable candidates will have good knowledge / experience of Quantity Surveying, ideally within either the construction / contracting or the housebuilding sectors and will have a desire to take their career in the direction of IT consultancy. Further, he or she will have the ability to train others in the use of such software. Ideally the Application Consultant - Quantity Surveying will have good experience of using the ERP system COINS. Additionally, they will be highly personable, well organised and happy to travel extensively. In return, the company offers a generous salary and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to join a market leading organisation on an exciting role.
Application Consultant (Quantity Surveying): Principle Accountabilities
* Following the company's implementation techniques to deliver services to new clients
* Carrying out business process reviews with clients to ensure that existing processes are still relevant and that where change is required it is managed effectively to deliver improvements to business efficiency without upsetting the status quo
* Providing application consultancy and training where the detailed intended use of each module is researched and the software configured to deliver what is required
* Managing, resolving and / or escalating pre and post project issues
* Assisting the client project team members with various tasks as required and agreed with the Project Manager
* Providing refresher training to clients
* Carrying out systems audits to ensure that the client is getting the most out of the software
Application Consultant (Quantity Surveying): Essential Skills, Qualifications and Behaviours
* Record keeping (e.g. timesheets / billing)
* Knowledge of Quantity Surveying within contracting / housebuilding
* Customer relationship management
* Conflict management
* Management and resolution against technical specifications
* Presentation design and delivery
* PC literate with the aptitude to learn new software applications
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to travel extensively (3-4 days per week)
Application Consultant (Quantity Surveying): Desirable Skills and Experience
* Construction industry experience
* Business transformation and implementation projects
Location: Slough, with travel around the UK on a regular basis.
Salary: £30K to £50K depending on experience / qualifications, bonus and benefits package
Status: Permanent, Full Time
Please make your application for this role directly to Rainford Berry Ltd.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959352003