Bookkeeper (Construction / CIS)
LEIGH ON SEA, ESSEX
£25,000 + DOE
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for a prestigious and expanding Construction company locally.
Our client, based in the thriving and buzzing town of Leigh on Sea is currently recruiting for an experienced Bookkeeper within the construction sector.
The Bookkeeper reports to the Directors and is responsible for, but not limited to, maintaining the company?s day-to-day accounting functions, accruals, financial statement preparation, and performing general accounting functions, as required. Maintaining the day-to-day accounting functions, accruals, reconciliations, invoicing, accounts payable and performing general accounting functions, as required.
- Accounts Receivable, including preparation of monthly sales invoices and maintaining client and sub-contractor records;
- Accounts Payable including: reconciliation of purchase orders/quotes to supplier and sub-contractor invoices;
- Bank reconciliations;
- General ledger maintenance including reconciling all balance sheet accounts, reviewing expense reports for input accuracy and making journal entries as needed;
- Prepare project budgets and forecast cashflows;
- Prepare monthly balance sheets, profit & loss accounts and monitor variances against budgets;
- Administration of all CIS and payroll matters;
- New sub-contractor setup including verification;
- Issue monthly sub-contractor CIS deduction returns and make CIS submissions to HMRC;
- Maintain an 'approved contractor? list;
- Follow company administration processes and procedures ensuring internal efficiency;
- Maintain and store financial documents as agreed;
- Ensure good communication, resolution of issues and project development; in respect to all financial matters;
- Perform other related duties as may be requested by the Directors.
- Liaise with intercompany employees to deliver financial and accounts information;
- Foster a corporate culture that promotes an ethical customer focused attitude and encourages individual integrity;
- Ensure all VAT, PAYE, NI, CIS and other relevant tax reports are submitted correctly and timely;
- Prepare schedules for external accountants to complete corporation tax returns for the company;
- Prepare working papers to support the annual statutory accounts that are prepared by the external accountants and liaison with them;
- Support the development of budgets in relation to the business plan;
- Work in partnership with the Directors to lead all forecasting, budgeting, client billing, company accounting and provide monthly reports for the Directors;
- Support Directors to win new business and assist with new sub-contractor delivery;
Infrastructure and systems development
- Assist the Directors with office management and ensure good relations with staff;
- Assist the Directors with the appropriate informationin growing both the infrastructure (IT, networks, software) and systems (Financial, Billing, Accounting & Project Management) to meet the growth demands of the Company;
- Be committed to the continuous improvement of all internal systems to meet the demands of a growing business.
- Applicants with a solid bookkeeping background within the construction sector will be considered immediately
- ALL applicants MUST have experience within CIS
- Relevant accountancy qualifications or QBE
- We would also consider Part Time / Flexible applicants - possibly start as part time and progress to full time
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959341375