Training Assistant - Partnerships - Wolvey (12 Month FTC)
A brilliant opportunity has arisen for a Training Assistant to join our Partnerships Central team and work closely with the training management to deliver training to our internal employees and subcontractors. You will be the link between external and internal training and the employee, ensuring that the internal customer is receiving the best possible service and the training required to be successful in their role.
This role is a 12 month fixed term contract.
- To administer and co-ordinate training activities in accordance with the Business Unit?s Training Plans and in line with Group processes.
- Assist with training cycles in the business area.
- Complete all training administration
- Maintain training plans
- Grant claim administration and supporting with monthly reports to HR / Business Unit MD.
- Monitor training activity regularly.
- Ensure delegate registers are done for all training that occurs for employees, operatives and agency staff and liaise with the Headstart Programme Champions for inductions
- Be a champion of the induction training i.e. Headstart Programme
- Maintain an up to date list of internal and external training providers for specific training needs. Upload training completed to the Oracle system / Training Matrix
- Work closely and actively engage with the operational training team and the wider HR function
- Monitor attendance at courses and utilise Group processes for late cancellation / no shows
- Issue joining instructions for all courses organised by the business unit (as and when required)
- Undertake projects as required by the Business Unit
- Ability to challenge ways of working to improve processes
Experience and Qualifications:
- Strong Computer skills i.e. Excel (advanced) and Powerpoint
- Customer relationship skills
- Good communication skills
- Good team player
- Commercial Awareness
- Customer Focus
- Decision Making
- Influence and Persuasion
- Planning & Organising
- Problem Solving
- Results Focus
- Relationship management
- Team working
- Statutory legislation
- IT / Administration
Ideally you will also have:
- Knowledge of Oracle database desirable
- Understanding of Training Matrix?s and experience of creating / maintaining (desirable)
- Training Plan, Do & Review experience ideal (desirable)
- Knowledge of the construction industry
In return we offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package. With an ambitious strategy, we?re poised for further growth and success, so if you?re committed, talented and enthusiastic, Galliford Try is the right place for you.
We are one of the UK?s leading housebuilding and construction groups. For 100 years, Galliford Try has helped to shape the world around us and today we are at the forefront of the construction industry with approximately 5,550 employees working on a huge range of housebuilding and construction projects. As a FTSE 250 listed UK business, our focus is on delivering first class business solutions and building long-term relationships with our customers, employees, supply chain and communities we work in. Our involvement in some of the UK's most high profile and innovative projects ensures our employees benefit from unrivalled opportunities and career progression.
Part of our Housebuilding Division, Partnerships represents a fusion of contracting, housing and mixed-use regeneration expertise. We undertake design and build contracting, mixed tenure and speculative development, estate regeneration and property support services nationwide. We work in collaborative long-term arrangements with Registered Providers, Local Authorities and other stakeholders to build high quality housing and sustainable communities. Galliford Try is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959352287