Head of Hardware Engineering
Polkadotfrog is exclusively working on an exciting opportunity with a Cambridge based designer & manufacturer of technology. We are currently recruiting for a Head of Hardware Engineering with strong technical skills. This is a fantastic opportunity for a senior manager looking for variety and to work with cutting edge technology.
The Head of Hardware is responsible for leading and managing the team who responsible for design and development of every aspects of hardware engineering in the company. As the head of hardware engineering, the candidate will need to display excellent communication skills and have proven experience in being able to lead a team to deliver projects on time and to budget.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Lead the initial formation of the hardware engineering group, and ensure its successful integration with the development process
- Manage the overall Integrated Hardware Engineering?s budget, schedules, and performance standards, and provides oversight for implementation
- Co-operative work with the product development team for planning to meet project timescales
- Ongoing training and development of the engineering department
- Ensure new product introductions are implemented as per agreed project plans
- Implement policies, regulations & standards throughout the implementation of the design, construction and operation
- Degree in Electronics / Engineering or an equivalent subject
- 7 years of experience in product design
- Experience of analogue design and development methodologies
- Technical knowledge of FPGA design in VHDL
- Strong leadership skills with experience of managing a teams of up to 7 people
This candidate should have an excellent interpersonal skills, strong leadership skills and with the ability to work well at all levels.
Apply now for full information of this new and exciting position, one of our consultants will discuss with you confidentially.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959338011