C# / ASPNet Web Developer
Job Title: C# / ASP.Net Web Developer
Location: Bournemouth, Dorset
Salary: DOE + Bonus + Discounted Travel
Due to rapid growth our award winning client are currently seeking a C# / ASP.Net Web Developer to join their team.
Working within a small team in varied role, you will be helping shape the future of the business through the development and support of web based systems.
The role holder will play a vital role in the development of customer management systems and web sites which support customers and growing sales force. As part of a small team you'll directly influence the growth of the company.
Working under the direction of the Head of I.T. your duties will include:
- Developing and assisting existing web based .Net systems
- Developing and assisting on future web based .Net systems
- Assisting in the development, implementation and administration of all Websites and Systems
- Assisting the project management of I.T. initiatives
- Offering support on existing I.T. systems
- Ensuring timely and accurate delivery of technology products and services
- Working with multiple areas of technology and multiple departments
- Suggesting and assisting in the development of new system facilitation, current system enhancements
- Assisting in the management of internal/external application upgrades
- Conducting competitor and market research to help improve all system and network operations processes
- Negotiating contracts with manufacturers for all software, hardware and consulting services
- Assisting in the creation of strategic goals and convert to easily implemented plans
- Managing external vendor's relationships and services
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science related discipline. Minimum 2:1 classification
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in a similar role
- Excellent understanding and experience of Object Oriented Programming in C# with ASP.Net Web Forms.
- Experience and excellent understanding of MS SQL. T-SQL, relational database design, stored procedures
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft software suites such as MS SQL Server, MS Visual Studio, Source control solutions such as MS Team Foundation server.
- Excellent understanding and experience of Windows based hosting through MS Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Excellent understanding and experience using web technologies such as HTML 5 & CSS / CSS3
- A good creative eye for visually appealing graphics, websites and layouts
- Good understanding and experience using creative suites such as Adobe, particularly Adobe Photoshop
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working as part of a team in a professional environment
- Commercial awareness
- Numerical skills
- Good analytical and decision-making skills
- Effective prioritisation and time management skills
- A commercial and entrepreneurial mentality
- Experience running Linux servers with control panels such as cPanel and WHM
- Experience using analytics & analysis software
- Experience managing web hosting, email hosting, and DNS
- Experience using web technologies such as WordPress
- Experience with PHP and MySQL
- Knowledge and experience of online marketing techniques and strategies
Applications can only be considered with an up to date web portfolio (please ensure all your contact details are removed from the portfolio otherwise we are unable to send it to our client) If your portfolio is over 5mb please send by WeTransfer or DropBox.
It is important that you include a covering letter with your CV, detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and highlighting all relevant experience.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our full equal opportunities policy can be viewed here: ********************************-opportunities/
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959333661