Design Engineer required. My client is a growing manufacturer in the Derby area who due to growth are now seeking a Project Engineer to join their team. The successful candidate will be a key contact for new projects and designs and will be responsible for liaising with various customers to ensure all concept development work meets the customers' requirements.
The successful candidate will operate in a varied role and be required to produce designs and assessments based upon client specifications. The successful Design Engineer will be given technical training but expected to have an academic understanding of technical drawings, solid modelling, specification writing & design for manufacturing techniques.
The design engineer will ideally have experience of the plastic moulding, injection moulding or vacuum forming. My client is looking for a creative designer capable of innovative designs who is customer facing.
Design Engineer Position Overview
- Organise all CAD arrangements
- To be a key contact for all design and development issues
- To ensure that all concept development work is completed which meets the customers' requirements
- Liaise with the Toolmaking and Production departments to ensure that design issues are resolved
- Proactive involvement in improvement initiatives
Design Engineer Position Requirements
- Experience in 3D CAD software with the knowledge of Delcam desirable
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Innovative, creative designer
- Understanding of manufacturing processes, preferably plastic moulding, injection moulding or vacuum forming
Design Engineer Remuneration
- Salary- £18K-£23k+ (dependant on experience)
- 28 days' holiday (including bank holidays)
- Pension Scheme
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959339898