Software Engineer Apprentice
We?re TalkTalk, a challenger brand in the world of Broadband, Phone, Mobile and TV. Our job is to bring the best value connectivity, to everyone. We believe every customer matters, so we offer products and services that are simple, affordable, reliable and fair.
We?ve created a working environment where you can be yourself and give your all. You?ll be called on to out-think the competition and work closely with your colleagues to come up with new ideas, and deliver great results for our customers. This is your chance to make a difference, and great performance will take you far. It won?t always be easy, but it?s always exciting and it promises great opportunities for you, and our business, especially if you?re ready to stand for something.
We're looking for a Software Engineer Apprentice to design, implement and maintain complex applications, tools, systems and services. You will assist in analysing business requirements, and translating them into robust and scalable technical solutions. You will learn cutting-edge technologies and processes and develop well-rounded skills such as data analysis, leadership and effective programme management.
You will gain a Software and Web Development Degree Apprenticeship, which combines high-quality classroom training with digital learning and on-the-job experience, to develop advanced knowledge of software and web systems.
Main role/ responsibilities
- Develop and integrate server and client side solutions against a backdrop of changing requirements
- Own the full development life cycle of a subsystem from a) insight and design through b) development, c)testing, d) integration, e) deployment and f) operations
- Gather requirements from colleagues, customers, partners and other stakeholders and translate them into detailed design; including where appropriate key external interfaces, design patterns, libraries and other constructs
- Understand qualitative and quantitative feedback about running systems and translate them into hypothesis, features and actions
Other duties include:
- Attend SCRUM meetings
Qualities/ essential requirements
- Interested candidates would ideally have a Level 3 Software & Web Development Apprenticeship and be eager to take your technology knowledge to the next level
- Methodical and organised work approach with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- We look for people who don?t just take things at face value and who like to look for new and better ways to do things
- Drive and ambition and confidence to tackle complex tasks or challenges
- Interested candidates would ideally have a Level 3 Software & Web Development Apprenticeship and be eager to take their technology knowledge to the next level
- We?d be interested in speaking with candidates with A Level Computer Science (Grade C and above)
- Alternatively, we'd be interested in speaking with candidates with A Level Computer Science (Grade C and above)
Daily working days/ hours
Monday-Friday, 9am-5:30pm, 37.5 hours per week
- The Apprentice will get a salary review at the end of their Apprenticeship
- Salary reviews are in April and bonus payments are made in June
- Private medical insurance, income protection, pension and life assurance are other standard benefits
- We offer great perks, such as: Free TalkTalk products, (you'll be helping us to make them, it's only fair you get to enjoy them), shopping discounts, company-wide events, flexible working hours and much more!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959332898