Senior Engine Test Technician
Our client is a diverse business that services clients across the Automotive, Off road, Aerospace, Defence and Rail Industry. Having recently been taken over, there is renewed investment in the site and an uptake of workload across its multiple business functions.
We are currently recruiting a Senior Engine Test Technician to join the team in their Engine Test Centre.
Main focus of the role
As the Senior Engine Test Technician you be ensuring that engines are installed and tested to the highest standard and to the required protocols.
Reporting in to the Senior Engine Test Engineer your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Running a variety of engine tests for development and validation programmes
- Installation of engines into test cells including fabricating brackets, fitting instrumentation etc.
- Servicing, checks and measurements of engines on test
- Accurate collection and validation of data to prove integrity
- To liaise with supporting staff, engineers, supervisors and customers on a technical level
- Carry out various controlled test on various Powertrain units
- Ensure all health and safety and quality procedures have been adhered to
Required Experience & qualifications
The ideal candidate will have a City and Guild in Automotive or Engineering. It is essential that you have experience in engine testing with a full understanding of both gasoline and diesel engine operations. A good understanding of Health and Safety practices, with excellent attention to detail and the ability to follow written instructions and work requests, is a must.
You will have in depth knowledge of test bed hardware and software with skills in electronic, electrical and mechanical engine diagnostics. Experience of using engine calibration tools and advanced instrumentation is required for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959340843