Where the little details matter...
Do you have superb attention to detail and are either a recent graduate, or experienced within compliance or the legal sector? If so, and you'd thrive working as part of a quality focused team, this superb opportunity to join a well-established, fast-growing insurance business with a fun and rewarding culture is one not to be missed.
Who will I be working with?
Established for over 25 years, Staveley Head has become one of the most respected providers of insurance products to businesses and individuals in the UK. The ambitious and rapidly expanding Group employs over 130 staff at offices in North Wales, conveniently located within commutable distance of Chester and the Wirral. The family run business has developed a rewarding culture that is fun and encouraging, and the team benefit from impressive office facilities that include a pool table, Xbox and TV, with a great space to relax during breaks.
So, what will the role of Compliance Assistant entail?
Supporting and working closely with the Compliance Manager, as a Compliance Assistant you'll be responsible for helping the business ensure that adequate regulatory and risk controls are in place throughout the business, and that they are all adhered to. You will promote a collaborative approach to compliance within the business, and reinforce a customer focused culture. You will be assisting with the following:
- Managing Risk and Compliance administration, particularly archiving and record keeping
- Managing Risk and Compliance diaries including liaising with internal customers regarding outstanding compliance matters
- Ensuring any wording to be published by the company with regulatory implications have been checked, signed off as compliant and a suitable record maintained
- Managing compliance policies, procedures and monitoring processes to ensure compliance with relevant FCA rules
- Maintaining a log of Risks and Conflicts of Interest facing the business and providing guidance and regular review of the Risks and Conflicts of Interests
- Providing guidance on Breaches highlighted by the business
- Researching regulations by reviewing regulatory bulletins and other sources of information
- Ensuring all relevant regulatory requirements are identified, interpreted and communicated in an open and approachable manner
- Ensuring due diligence for brokers, appointed representatives, introducer appointed representatives and business partners
What will I need to be considered for this Compliance Assistant vacancy?
- Proven experience within compliance or the legal sector, although applications from graduates with a relevant Bachelor's Degree will also be considered
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Superb organisational and time management skills
- Excellent numeracy skills
- High level of attention to detail
What will I receive in return?
You'll be part of a professional and friendly team, based within a comfortable and modern working environment with excellent facilities. Comprehensive ongoing training and support will be provided, with excellent opportunities for further career development.
Salary: £15,000 - £18,000, level dependent on experience. Potentially negotiable for significant experience in a similar role within financial services.
Additional Benefits: Onsite canteen facilities with social area including pool table, TV, Xbox etc. 21 days annual leave plus bank holidays. Free parking.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5:30pm
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Connah's Quay (Flintshire, North Wales). Within commutable distance of Chester and the Wirral, and easy reach of the M56.
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
This Compliance Assistant vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Staveley Head. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Staveley Head, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Feel free to visit JVPJobs co uk to access CV and interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959334126