Engineering Project Engineer/Manager
Main Objective of the Role
Responsible for the overall direction, co-ordination, implementation, execution, control & completion of all new product company projects, ensuring compliance at all times with company strategy, goals & objectives.
To Lead / Advise / Liaise with all internal and external customers on new project introduction including:
Costings, Design, Process layout, Equipment, Tooling, Processes & Customer interface.
Be actively involved in the improvement of equipment / process using Lean / CI thinking.
Key Responsibility Areas
To liaise with Sales, Engineering & Customers on all project documentation to ensure a comprehensive cost model is generated, (Cradle to Grave).
- Lead the planning & implementation of projects.
- Facilitate the definition of the project scope, goals & deliverables.
- Co-ordinate with internal resources and third party / vendors for a flawless execution of projects.
- Liaise with Operations, Engineering & Supply-Chain teams to ensure a smooth transition from concept to manufacturing.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time within scope and budget.
- Ensuring resource availability and allocation.
- Prepare Cap Ex demands for project execution.
- Prepares purchase requisitions for authorisation as laid down in the company purchasing manual.
- Key Contact for Equipment Suppliers.
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Measure project performance against time line
- Generate Risk management / assessments to minimise project risks.
- Create & maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Attend all Equipment / Tooling / trials to ensure SAT / FAT success.
- Ensuring Quality standards are achieved / exceeded.
- Support the implementation and culture of process improvement projects.
- Undertake any other tasks or duties as required by your line manager.
- Frequent internationally travel for both customer / equipment / tooling reviews.
- Attend reviews / seminars (equipment / customer) etc.
- Key member of the TPM / Continuous Improvement Team
- Lead improvement projects.
Role: Engineering Project Engineer / Manager Essential
(minimum requirements to be able to perform the job effectively/successfully)
Education & Qualifications
- Thorough knowledge of Project Management within a manufacturing environment.
- Engineering Degree
- Working knowledge within a high-volume plastic component / assembly environment.
- Qualified in Project management
- Experienced in project management.
- 5 years? experience within a Manufacturing / Technical / Engineering project environment.
- Costing models.
- Customer facing experience
- Knowledge of Lean Techniques
Interpersonal & Behavioural Skills
- Demonstrates ability to support teams internally and externally, to ensure effectiveness in line with the needs of the business.
- Assertive and professional communicational skills Ability to effectively chair multi-functional meetings
- Ability to work under pressure
- Prepared to travel (including overseas) for Customer / supplier performance review meetings
- Critical Thinking/Problem Solving Skills
- Technical/Process Knowledge
- Project Management
- Strategic Planning
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959333157