Location: Rotherham, Doncaster, Barnsley
Salary: £50k - £55k plus excellent benefits
I local engineering company who manufacture steel pressed products now requires a Project Engineer to join their team.
Project Engineer - MAIN PURPOSE
The company have recently embarked on a significant capital investment programme within manufacturing.
The main purpose of this role is the development and delivery of manufacturing improvement projects in line with overall business objectives and priorities, focussing on delivering efficiencies/improving productivity whilst ensuring the long-term sustainability and competitiveness of UK operations.
Working collaboratively with Senior Managers and equipment suppliers, the Project Manager will play a lead role in the design, scheduling and implementation of improvement projects, processes and ways of working for manufacturing functions aligning and maximising their efforts, insights and capabilities.
To identify and drive from concept to reality major improvements to the manufacturing process.
Project Engineer -KEY OBJECTIVES
- A diverse range of capex projects from inception to completion, ranging from £10,000 to £1,000,000.
- Analysis of production and engineering processes and integration or development of improvements.
- Management of minor projects and the mechanical aspects of major ones.
- Develop project objectives by reviewing project proposals and conferring with management.
- Determine project specifications by studying design, requirements and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Determine product responsibilities by identifying project phrases and elements; assigning personnel to phrases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors.
- Ensuring each project meets its deadline at each stage.
- Making sure all legal requirements are adhered to.
- Identifying problems with the project, taking the lead on developing solutions and ensuring solutions are implemented.
- Develop and execute a successful ?hand-over' to production plan for all projects.
- Liaise with third parties such as external contractors around timescales and working practices.
- Aid in the development of industry best practice standards and procedures for the engineering department.
- Provide technical expertise and knowledge for benefit and support of wider business.
- Adherence to International standard requirements in relation to Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental (including energy).
Project Engineer - PERSON SPEC
The ideal candidate MUST come from the Engineering industry as a Project Engineer. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- HNC, HND or Degree level in mechanical engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum five, preferably ten years-experience in engineering roles in a manufacturing environment.
- Managed CAPEX Projects up to £1m
- Strong analytical ability that can be applied across the spectrum from broad manufacturing process to specific technical function.
- Management of external contractors from negotiation and expediting of contracts through to supervision of site installation.
- Draughting and design skills i.e. ability to read and generate drawings, both layout and (desirably) detail design.
- Ability to communicate and teamwork at all levels and across functions.
- Good level of IT skills including AutoCAD, Microsoft office.
Project Engineer - Desirable Knowledge
- Industrial hydraulic systems
- Resistance welding
- Steel pressing and forming
- Surface finishing
For more information please call Paul Gorton on **************
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959352510