Senior Site Investigation Engineer/Project Manager
The Exciting Opportunity:
If you are an experienced Ground Investigation Engineer, ambitious to achieve your career potential, read on. Join our team as Senior Ground Investigation Engineer/Project Manager and we?ll make sure you get the experience and personalised learning support you need to take your career as far as you want it to go.
Overview of Role:
You will uptake the role of Regional lead Project Manager to Site Investigation Engineers in the region whilst also undertaking Site Investigation (SI) works with close liaison and provide support to the Site Investigation team leader and Operations Business Director
- Undertake and assist in managing bids, PQQ?s and assist other members of senior management team to ensure delivery.
- Undertake, and assist in managing business development activities within the team locally, particularly with the internal Rail teams.
- Undertake, manage and coordinate with the SI Team Leader and Operations Business Director all SI projects under your control, ensuring these are delivered on time, to budget and are implemented in a professional and safe manner.
- Work with your local team to assist the SI Team Leader to prepare project budgets, fee estimates, financial analysis and financial summaries of the local office SI team.
- Project Management of all your local SI projects ensuring the assessment and management of all commercial and contractual risks are undertaken ( by senior staff) to the required standard and that all contracts are correctly formed to acceptable T&C?s, fee levels and programme times.
- Assist the SI Team Leader in the management of the local team?s workload and utilisation, working in close co-operation with Senior Management and other Teams within Arcadis generally.
- Undertake continuing professional development and lead in the development of others junior staff?s training.
- Operate in accordance with the corporate health and safety, environment and quality standards
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your line / senior management.
- Work will require flexibility to travel around the UK or abroad to offices and/or sites.
What You have to Offer:
- A degree in Civil Engineering / Geoscience /Applied Geology / Environmental Science or associated discipline. Ideally with a further appropriate postgraduate qualification.
- Membership of a Professional Institution
- Moving towards Chartership with a Professional Institution or to be able to demonstrate that they are well advanced in applying for Chartership
- Good level of experience within the UK Site Investigation market and Project management
- Good knowledge of UK H&S regulations / technical standards and specifications relevant to ground investigation works and the rail industry.
- Good motivation, influencing, people management and delegation skills
- Ability to think in an innovative and entrepreneurial manner
- Good communication skills and the ability to effectively lead discussions with clients
- Good knowledge and experience of health & safety, commercial and contractual aspects of projects
- Good report and letter writing / English skills.
Arcadis is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of planning, design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate ?2.5 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: ***************.
Arcadis UK now incorporates the Hyder and EC Harris brands.
What We Offer
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
Highly competitive salary
Pension matched to 8%
Annual Leave, with option to purchase additional days
Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
Tax Free Season Ticket Loan
Flexible Benefits Scheme, including Cycle to Work and Childcare Vouchers
Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959351445