Manufacturing Lead Engineer - Trim & Final
At Tata Technologies we make product development dreams a reality by designing, engineering and validating the products of tomorrow for the world?s leading manufacturers. Due to our continued growth we are now recruiting for a Manufacturing Lead Engineer ? Trim & Final to be based at our office in Warwick.
Our Engineering Research and Development department (ER&D) is a fast growing function within Tata Technologies Limited that is assembled to work on exciting projects globally for multiple customers. It comprises highly specialized engineers across Automotive, Aerospace and Industrial Heavy Machinery.
The Manufacturing Lead Engineer will design, specify and deliver manufacturing processes & equipments for T&F shop ensuring the agreed project targets are achieved for Automotive OEM client.
Area of Responsibility
- To provide Industrial Engineering support for the T&F assembly processes in terms of setting standard times and providing line balances.
- To maintain & improve manufacturing processes ensuring the appropriate business, Project management, safety, quality & cost management targets are achieved.
- T&F Engineering Lead is responsible for the delivery of engineering projects, programmes and services to our clients across the globe. Responsible to set-up required team in his domain for the successful delivery of the program.
- To work closely with product development engineers, manufacturing operations teams and equipment suppliers to design, specify, deliver, maintain and improve assembly production processes.
- To develop & maintain process documentation to achieve client standards, specifications & targets.
- Project Management to ensure manufacturing processes and facilities are implemented within specified timeframes and deliver planned targets.
- Communication to provide information on planned changes, status reports, specifications & solutions.
- Problem Resolution for manufacturing process issues, ensuring issues are resolved to achieve business targets.
- Lead & Coordinate Simultaneous Engineering studies with the offshore team.
- Application of method study techniques to ensure the optimum assembly process.
- Development of time standards using standard data systems.
- Line balancing to modify or integrate process changes into the assembly lines.
- Support the development of all vehicle assembly process feasibility activities e.g.
- Design Reviews
- Digital build studies
- PFMEA / DFMEA
- Line Balancing
- Assembly sequencing, Process Documentation and Product Traceability methodology
- ?Make Vs Buy? studies
- Facility layout planning
- Provide Manufacturing Engineering support to the pilot build team during all prototype build phases on new vehicle programs.
Knowledge / Experience
- Qualified to HNC &/or Degree level in engineering (NVQ Level 4 or equivalent).
- Proven ability and expertise in assembly processes.
- Several years? experience of low & high volume manufacturing processes preferably from within the automotive industry.
- Sound knowledge of Digital Manufacturing tools used in Assembly line.
- Proven project management capability.
- Working knowledge of process control techniques.
- Application of Industrial Engineering techniques (method & work study).
- Working knowledge of lean production principles.
- Expertise Automotive T&F Engineering.
- Expertise in SE (Simultaneous studies) for T&F shop.
- Expertise in industrialization of T&F shop.
In return for bringing your expertise to our business we offer a competitive salary along with excellent benefits including:
- Pension Scheme ? We match employee contribution up to 5% of salary
- 25 Days? Holiday
- Private Health Care
- Tata Jaguar Land Rover Privilege Scheme - up to 20% of new JLR vehicles
- Group Income Protection
- Health Assured ? Employee Assistance Program
- Group Life Assurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Health Shield ? Private Health Cash Plan
- Free Parking
If you are passionate about bringing innovation to the projects you work on and want to join a global company, then this is the place for you.
Tata Technologies: Make it real. Make it Better?.
Tata Technologies would like to thank all applicants for their interest, each application will be reviewed against the set criteria for the role. We would like to advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 10 working days following the closing date it will mean that unfortunately your application has not been successful. We will however retain your details for any suitable future opportunities.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959337481