Engineering Specialist - Rail
We are looking for an Engineering Specialist - Rail, based in Derby, who is interested in developing into the company technical expert for a world leader in the supply of highly specialist services, solutions and supplies for the Railway Industry with facilities in Derby and Rainham offices.
Jonathan Lee Recruitment is working exclusively for a strategic supplier to the Railway, Metro and Light Railway companies and continues to develop products and welding methods to meet the demands for continual improvement, with investment in new production methods, Research and Development, on-site training, technical support and specialised contract services.
The Engineering Specialist - Rail will coordinate, localise and develop new track and infrastructure products and services and coordinate/cooperate with group on delivery of same to UK customers. Responsible for technical standards, the role holder will become the company's leading authority on the subject and is expected to deliver engineering projects to time and cost that are attractive to customers and meet or create market needs. In short, a technical expert in Rail and Track technologies delivering approved new products or services.
- Enact all aspects of day to day track and measurement engineering
- Once competent, be the technical authority on the company products including sign-off to standards, quality levels, concessions and failure investigation
- Coordination and organisation of field trials to successful conclusion
- Deliver engineering packages via R&D, group coordination and external work on time and to cost.
- Introduce Continuous Improvement tools as appropriate and drive business improvements to achieve measurable and sustainable improvements
- Appropriately manage relationships and represent the business with all external agencies including universities, customers, Institutions, safety authorities, audit agencies and suppliers
- Ensure technical leadership and risk protection for the business, compliance and timely and cost efficient project completion
- Maintain currency with standards, technology and methods to ensure the company benefits from latest thinking and legislation
- Work with the Operations and Quality team to develop and drive quality systems to ensure industry leading levels of performance.
- Work within data needs of parent company, adopting tools as suitable and reporting when needed
- Maintain knowledge of business and operations
- Provide direct input to sales proposals including complex project management, performance related profit payments and complex legal bid/tender documentation
- To be customer focused and promote the reputation of the company and the Group worldwide
- Support and cover for Engineering Specialist - Welding, developing knowledge of all-round engineering capability.
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree or equivalent in Engineering (Mechanical or Civil) or Science
- PTS holder or capability to become qualified
- Ability and flexibility to travel away from home and travel internationally (i.e. valid passport for International travel)
- Experience in Rail Engineering (TME, Permanent Way, Civils)
- Experienced Engineering problem Solver
- Ability to work autonomously/solo and network internationally
- Structured project management approach
- Driving Licence
- Chartered Engineer Status (company will assist towards this)
- Further professional qualifications e.g. Permanent Way Institution
- Experience in working in specified/capital products field with similar certification levels
- Experience in working with measurement technologies
- Experience in manufacturing in Rail market
- Significant and demonstrable experience in Rail Engineering in Divisional or SME context
- Experience at successful project management
- International project management experience
- Foreign language capability (German ideal)
- Competitive salary - dependent upon experience
- Pension Plan and other benefits
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send a brief copy of your CV and a covering letter, outlining your suitability for the role, please send your CV to Philip Delaloye on or call on ***********
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959345179