Risk Reporting Manager
At Direct Line Group, we're shaping the future. With a mission to make insurance easier and better value for our customers, we embrace change in all its richness and variety. It's not just what we do; it's how we do it. We bring our whole selves to work every day and embrace fresh thinking - after all, Britain is constantly changing and to protect the nation, we adapt with it.
Across our diverse brands - including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege and Green Flag - change takes many forms. We appreciate the knowledge and skills that each one of us brings to the business. It's hard not to be inspired by the things that make us unique. Boldness, curiosity and enthusiasm go a long way. And they're helping us transform the industry we lead.
Risk Reporting Manager
Why not join our Enterprise Risk function here at Direct Line Group as we are currently recruiting an exciting opportunity to work as a Risk Reporting Manager; based from our head office in Bromley on a permanent basis.
The Enterprise Risk function provides proportionate oversight of risks, events and management actions to ensure the business is managed within its risk appetite.
As part of this role your main responsibility will be to support the Head of Risk Reporting in managing the risk reporting team, and developing and maintaining strategically relevant, timely, and reliable risk reporting and management information for the Board and Executive, covering the entirety of Direct Line Group's Risk Profile.
What being a Risk Reporting Manager involves
- Working with key stakeholders across the business to deliver high quality risk reporting to the Board; Executive Committee; Board Risk Committee, Board Remuneration Committee; Risk Management Committee; and the Operational Risk Committee.
- Ensuring the coordination, creation and management of agendas, forward plans, papers and reporting processes for the Operational Risk Committee, Risk Management Committee, Executive Committee, Board Risk Committee and the Board.
- Taking a prominent role in the delivery of risk based challenge, providing a clear articulation of the Group's risk profile, covering all elements of the risk taxonomy.
- Driving the continuous improvement of risk papers, and the Chief Risk Officer's report through on-going review and active engagement with information providers at senior levels to enable effective, risk-based decision making by the Board and Executive.
- Providing review and challenge to the Group's risk governance structure to improve the efficiency of decision-making and risk review.
- Providing an active contribution to the effective running of the Enterprise Risk Management team as part of the extended leadership team.
- Driving efficiencies and improvements in reporting processes: contribute to enhancements in risk management processes and the Group's Risk Management Framework, helping to increase efficiency in report production, as well as the accuracy of report content.
- Supporting the development of the Risk Reporting Team to enable them to consistently deliver DLG's goals developing the Risk Reporting Analyst towards their full potential in line with their objectives.
- Providing technical and advisory support to the business as required, including supporting ad hoc projects which are led by the Head of Risk Reporting on behalf of the Risk Leadership Team.
Skills we are looking for
- Advanced organisational skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret and analyse data.
- Ability to create and maintain effective relationships across the three lines of defence and interact with senior stakeholders throughout the business.
- Strong understanding of Risk Management within the financial services sector.
- Financial services risk reporting background would be ideal; however previous risk reporting experience is not a strict requirement for the job.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959340452