IT Support Engineer, Cambridge 6 month FTC
My client, a large International software house is looking for an IT Support Analyst to provide 2nd and 3rd line technical assistance to their 1st line service desk. This is a really interesting role which will involve providing both 2nd and 3rd line technical support for servers, desktops, laptops, LAN/WAN/SAN infrastructure. It will also involve project and training work.
To be successful you should have the following skills/experience
- Demonstrable experience in Level 2 and Level 3 support activities
- Strong IT knowledge specialising in desktop support
- Demonstrable competence in core infrastructure both on-prem and cloud
- Strong troubleshooter and problem solver
- Have a good technical awareness
- Able to recommend the adoption of new technologies
- Demonstrable knowledge of advanced troubleshooting and configuration of:
- o Widows Server & Desktop operating systems
- o Utilities, Office 365 & MS Back Office applications, Business Applications, Database, Anti-Virus and Backup.
- Understanding of:
- o Active Directory, Exchange, IIS, Hyper-V/VMWare vCenter/Other virtualisation Technologies, MDT, MS System Centre
- o LAN/WAN/SAN, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SNMP, Switching, VPN, Firewall - Checkpoint, Wireless, Fibre Channel/iSCSI, VOIP
- o Server hardware, Network Appliance, Cisco Switches/Routers, Brocade, desktop/laptop/tablet hardware
- o Application Packaging, VB Script/Windows Scripting/Powershell, Unified Communications, Cisco Call Manager/Unity. Database Operations (SQL Server/Oracle).
- Able to provide high level customer service level
- Project management
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to act as a change champion
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959337626