Mortgage Underwriter - Surrey - £38,000 - £45,000 - Surrey
Mortgage Underwriter, Underwriter, ideal mandate - Surrey
Salary up to £38k (depending on candidates experience) + company pension and bonus scheme (OTE £44k).
Benefits following a successful 6 month probationary period:
- Private Health Care
- Free Parking
- Flexible benefits platform
- 25 days holiday (+1 after 5 years service)
This new role offers the right candidate the opportunity to work for a progressive and forward-thinking specialist mortgage lender that distributes via the financial intermediary channel in a market sector that is currently undergoing phenomenal growth.
Following the lenders? recent business growth this role has been created to expand the existing underwriting team. The role takes on responsibility for underwriting new mortgage applications. This exciting role offers the successful candidate the chance to join a growing business and benefit from the opportunities that this brings.
A pre-requisite for the role is that candidates have current experience of underwriting mortgages in the UK regulated mortgage environment as well as excellent administration, computer literacy, telephone communication skills and an ability to work well under pressure. Specific mortgage underwriting experience within the complex specialist residential and buy-to-let mortgage sectors would also be of benefit.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- To process new business in line with credit policy, the responsible lending policy, the underwriting manual and the underwriting process manual.
- To participate and contribute to ongoing business improvement activity
- Deliver a first class proactive customer service through inbound and outbound communication by telephone, email and letter to all case stakeholders including introducers, service suppliers, reference providers and occasionally applicants.
- Build a thorough understanding of the products offered by the Firm, its lending strategy, credit risk policies, and processes.
- To assess borrower creditworthiness and underwrite new mortgage applications from initial receipt through to completion.
- Ensuring a high level of accuracy of data entry and ongoing record keeping.
- Supporting the processing team and underwriting peer group in delivering an excellent, compliant service with prompt and accurate decision at each stage of the process.
* Current Underwriting Mandate
* Experience of manual underwriting and assessing complex mortgage applications
* A solid understanding of the mortgage process
* Excellent Customer Service skills
* Prepared to work under pressure to tight deadlines
* Ability to prioritise tasks
My cllent is a great place to work and are currently enjoying great growth, so if you're currently looking for your not opportunity then please apply ASAP or contact Lee Smith at Cloudnine.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959335188