The Stewart Milne Group provides innovative solutions for residential homes through our Homes and Timber Systems Divisions across the UK. We have a strong reputation for high quality and design innovation, with a market leading position based on our expertise, quality and commitment to providing the best service to our customers. We attract individuals who enjoy a creative solutions focussed working environment based on continuous personal development and supportive leadership. In keeping with the specific importance given to Health & Safety and Environmental Policy. Stewart Milne Homes Central operate from two geographical areas (Edinburgh & Tannochside) and this role could be based in either office.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for the delivery of all Civil & Structural Engineering design information to support new developments, all delivered in line with our programmes and business Development Monitor. All structural information is provided by consultants and the majority of Civils designs are carried out externally, however we are keen to retain Civils designs internally and our Project Engineer should have experience & knowledge to carry our high quality Civils designs. Our Woodlands homes lie at the core of our business, and one of our biggest differentiators in the market is our ability to design beautiful places to live, through great engineering and architectural layouts. High quality design and place making is at the core of our business.
The candidate will be a team player, recognising the importance of the wider team in producing their design information.
- Produce Viability designs and abnormal assessments that are in line with statutory guidance and ensure maximised efficiency for land bids/acquistion
- Achieve Roads Construction Consents, SEPA and Scottish Water approvals in line with Development Monitor;
- Prodcue production information to allow sites to start on time and on budget;
- Project Engineer for live sites, Ensuring consistent high quality information throughout the construction stage;
- Complies with all Health and Safety obligations as Designer;
- Achieves target dates for all relevant stages of the Divisional Development Monitor;
- Liaises with external Consultants and co-ordinates their work to achieve any of the above that may be relevant including Site investigations;
- Co-ordinates and appoints all services for the department.
Essential Technical Expertise
- The individual should be a qualified Civil Engineer or Civil Engineering Technician with a good understanding of Civil Engineering techniques/details and the statutory process to achieve a site start.
- Experience in residential development is preferable however not a pre-requisite.
- The individual should be well organised and able to make decisions to allow projects to progress.
- Team Player and flexible in who they work with and what type/stage of project they are involved in.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD, PDS, Windes and Microsoft Word.
In return, we are offering the right candidate a comprehensive training and development programme, the opportunity to work with a variety of customers, with the support of a highly experienced team. This is in addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes 32 days holiday, pension scheme and flexible benefits package.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959342667