Gaming & Computing
Gaming & Computing Lecturer
Salary: Qualified rate: £23,178 - £33,340 per annum: Unqualified rate: £20,155 - £29,037 per annum pro rata
Hours of Work: Full time
50 Days Annual Leave pro rata, Teachers Pension scheme, Free on-site gym, Staff lounge, Staff development opportunities, Staff recognition scheme, Employee Recommendation Incentive and access to many more benefits.
Fareham College offers brand new state of the art facilities comprising of workshops, teaching classrooms, learning resource centres, restaurants, a theatre, a hair & beauty salon and associated facilities. The successful candidate will be a member of a team of over 300 academic and business support staff. We pride ourselves on providing the very best technical and professional training to set our students on the path to exciting and rewarding careers.
The Enterprise and Digital Industries is looking for a highly organised and creative lecturer to join its innovative and high achieving team.
The role will require you to teach on programmes across levels 1-4 which may include some adult courses and will have course leadership responsibilities. Subjects covered within the curriculum include IT, Gaming and Computing.
- To undertake a teaching programme and all aspects of the teaching and learning process
- To act as a Course Leader for designated courses
- To assist the Head of Department and Director of Faculty in the management and review of the curriculum
- To participate in liaison activities associated with the programme area and those relating to the Faculty's and College provision.
- Develop and maintain professional competence in the post and in other duties performed on behalf of the Faculty or the College.
- Level 3 qualification in the relevant area of expertise (or commitment to achieving this in the required timeframe)
- Level 5 Teaching qualification (or commitment to achieving this in the required timeframe)
- Relevant degree and/or appropriate level professional qualifications
- Previous teaching experience
- Excellent knowledge of recent initiatives in curriculum development & design
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people at all ages and levels
- Innovative and creative approach to work
Experience in teaching and learning would be advantageous, although industry experience will be considered for those with the ambition of becoming an outstanding Lecturer. Fareham College will offer free teacher training to those wishing to enter the teaching profession.
If you are an experienced professional looking to share your knowledge in a rewarding and exciting learning environment we would love to hear from you.
Contract Type: Permanent
Closes on: Monday 06 November 2017
Interview Date: TBC