Systems Analyst / Systems Developer - C / C++ / LINUX / UNIX
Systems Analyst / Systems Developer (C / C++ / LINUX / UNIX)
A Systems Analyst / Systems Developer (C / C++ / LINUX / UNIX) with experience of developing software for distributing computing is needed to join a leading centre for weather forecasts. Joining on a four year contract, expect to play a key role contributing to the development of distributed data handling systems used to store hundreds of Peta Bytes of meteorological data.
With over 40 years' experience, 350 employees across more than 30 countries, and one of the largest supercomputer facilities in Europe, this innovative research centre is at the forefront of numerical weather predictions. They are now seeking a Systems Analyst / Systems Developer (C / C++ / LINUX / UNIX) to maintain the software packages (HERMES) behind their managed data archive (MARS).
Joining as the Systems Analyst / Systems Developer (C / C++ / LINUX / UNIX) you will contribute to the development and software maintenance of distributed computing. Whether you are assisting with the implementation of Hermes Software with the MARS archive; preparing adaptions for future cloud deployments; contributing to the analysis and monitoring of data processing and product generation; ensuring quality of service; proposing improvements or providing third line support to its users it will be your experience of developing software for high performing computers facilities that ensures the successful delivery of their Scalability Programme.
To qualify. You should be a Systems Analyst / Systems Developer (C / C++ / LINUX / UNIX) / C Developer / C++ Developer / Linux Systems Analyst / Analyst Programmer or similar with a CV that demonstrates:
- Experience of developing software for distributed computing or for high performance computing facilities;
- A very good knowledge of object-oriented programming and developing with C/C++;
- A good knowledge of UNIX;
- A strong background in developing software for UNIX systems (and/or Linux) and the use of system calls;
- A good understanding of computer science concepts (efficient algorithms and data structures);
- A good understanding of network programming and communication either on distributed systems or HPC;
- The ability to work effectively in English (interviews will be conducted in English);
- A university degree, or equivalent, in a discipline related to computer science, physics, mathematics or engineering is required. A PhD is desirable but not essential.
Experience in Python and / or knowledge of other working languages (French or German) would be a bonus but not required.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven Systems Analyst / Systems Developer (C / C++ / LINUX / UNIX) looking to develop their skills in an in-house role within a globally recognised organisation.