Job title: Senior Developer
Reports to: IT Development Manager
To act as a senior developer in a fast-moving dynamic development team involved throughout the software development life cycle.
You will be exposed to exciting and cutting edge projects and will be involved in the development of new functionality and maintenance of existing systems across several products.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a proven track record in designing, building and maintaining enterprise level applications, be a C# wizard and proficient in working to a deadline. You will be an integral part of the Business Solutions Team which consists of 6 backend developers.
We are looking for a strong communicator who will discuss requirements with the end user or estate agent within the business, and be able to formulate a plan to create the relevant application solution while continuously providing feedback to stakeholders.
- At least five years commercial development experience.
- Experience in working as part of a team and working towards tight deadlines.
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise workload accordingly.
- Successful involvement in the full project lifecycle of enterprise level application development
- Excellent documentation skills
- Ability to communicate appropriately with management, team members, customers and third parties
- Design & Creation of Functional Specifications.
- Analyse, design and code new software modules as per the agreed technical specifications.
- Create and maintain program documentation and version release notes.
- Perform first level testing of your own projects and second level testing of modules developed by other team members.
- Ensure new projects are compatible with the existing systems.
- Research new technologies and continually update technical knowledge.
- Resolve day to day reported bugs in the system.
- Create and run ad-hoc SQL queries and reports.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum-Oriented Environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Very Strong C# .NET development experience.
- Very Strong development knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012 - inclusive of writing SQL queries, functions, stored procedures and triggers.
- Very Strong understanding of relational database concepts & design.
- Experience of software development within the Estate Agency industry.
- Automated Testing (Unit Testing / TDD)