Retinal Screening Technician - Bracknell, Berkshire
Our client needs someone asap till the end of December. The role is 4 days a week, working 9 hours per day. If you have any optical experience, please read on.
The post holder will be responsible for undertaking retinal photography, at appointed sites throughout Berkshire. The successful candidate must have good communication skills and the ability to work without supervision. As part of a team, they will be expected to contribute the effective delivery of the service, responsible for the care of people attending the clinics and the development of good relationships with patients and colleagues.RESPONSIBILITIES
- To undertake retinal photography, ensuring all photographs are of adequate quality.
- Anticipate and recognise the needs of patients/relatives/carers.
- To undertake proficient drop installation, visual acuity, health education and the taking of patient history.
You may be required to work at or from any additional location as may be determined by the client from time to time. The client also reserves the right from time to time to change your base on a permanent basis to a location determined by it at the time that the change is made.
You may also be required to travel between the client's premises as may be required for the performance of your duties.
- Good standard of education
- Science/Biology/Medical equivalent qualification (experience working as an Optical Assistant may also be considered)
- You must have experience in patient/customer facing roles
- Previous NHS experience is desirable
- Experience of medical photography - retinal photography - is also preferred
- You must be flexible, manage your time effectively, communicate well, work as part of a team and be computer literate
- You must also be able to drive or travel across Berkshire when required