Finance Manager / Financial Controller
This is a great opportunity for a progressive finance professional who is looking to ultimately advance their career to FD / CFO.
About The Role
- This is an interesting opportunity to join a legal firm who are going through some huge changes along with a merger.
- As a virtual start up business you will be tasked with building a finance function to deal with the planned growth of this business taking them to a £10M T/O, 100 staff business in the next 6-12 months.
- This role will be based in Guildford but you will need to work from their London offices on an ad-hoc basis.
- You will need to understand financial legislation within a law firm and knowledge of Legal Aid billing would be a distinct advantage.
About Our Client
They are a small legal firm covering both Criminal and Family law, they will be growing the business and adding branches to their already small branch network. Going forward their focus will be aimed more at Family law.
- You will currently be working with a legal firm and have knowledge and experience of financial legal legislation ensuring compliance with SRA requirements.
- You will have recruited teams and be prepared to build a team from scratch.
- You will be able to put process and procedures in place and be able to business partner with non-finance individuals.
- This role is very much NOT a business as usual position.
- You will need to be able to demonstrate drive and energy to deliver this project along with a good sense of humour.
- The reward for the successful candidate will be to move into a FD/CFO position for the company.
- You will report to the CEO and be a member of the senior management team.
- You will need to be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA).
Things You Should Know
This is a great opportunity but not for the faint hearted.
Commutable from: Addlestone, Aldershot, Alton, Andover, Ascot, Bagshot, Basingstoke, Bordon, Bracknell, Camberley, Chertsey, Cobham, Cranleigh, Crawley, Dorking, Egham, Epsom, Esher, Farnborough, Farnham, Feltham, Fleet, Frimley, Gatwick, Godalming, Guildford, Hook, Horsham, Kingston, Leatherhead, Lightwater, London, Maidenhead, Petersfield, Portsmouth, Reading, Redhill, Reigate, Slough, Southampton, Staines, Sunbury, Walton, West Byfleet, Weybridge, Windlesham, Windsor, Woking, Wokingham and Yateley.
Howett Thorpe recruit for roles within accounts payable, credit control, payroll also covering accounts assistants, audit, management accounts, financial accounts, analysts, financial controllers, financial directors, corporate finance, human resources and HR, tax including all part qualified and qualified vacancies.
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)