Maintenance Manager EfW
We’re due to open our brand new Edinburgh and Midlothian EfW centre in Millerhill so we now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Manager to join our senior management team.
As part of this team you will be responsible for all aspects of the maintenance and engineering development of both the Edinburgh & Midlothian Energy from Waste facility and Materials Treatment Plant.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Implementation of FCC Health, Safety and Environmental Management systems, to deliver and maintain high standards across all maintenance department activities.
- Compliance with, and performance of, designated safe System of Work responsibilities as defined by the FCC Safety Rules.
- Active participation in site Safety forums, including procedure and Safety System reviews on a periodic basis.
- Provision of leadership, direction, management and personal development to the maintenance team, to build and maintain a team working culture where team members can and want to develop and contribute to their full potential.
- Development and implementation of the site CMMS.
- Development, delivery and ongoing review/revision of the facility maintenance procedures.
- Strategic and day to day management, supervision, planning, and co-ordination of departmental activities to deliver maximum plant availability, flexibility and overall performance.
- Development and management of out of hours maintenance cover arrangements.
- Planning and management of equipment/facility outages.
- Engineering optimization of the facility.
- Development and maintenance of effective interfaces between the maintenance department and all other site functional teams.
- Preparation and management of contracts required for any external technical support.
- Designated responsibility for departmental budget development and delivery.
To be considered for our role you will need:
- Minimum of HNC, or a Mechanical, Electrical or related Engineering degree, and Membership of an appropriate Engineering institution.
- Minimum of five years senior supervisory experience in an Engineering and Maintenance function related to steam powered electricity generation.
- NEBOSH or IOSH qualification.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of Electricity Supply Industry standard Safe Systems of work, Safety Rules and Permit for Work Systems.
- Detailed knowledge of and experience in the principles and maintenance of process plant related to steam powered electricity generation.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation relevant to steam powered electricity generation.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of Safe Systems of work, Safety Rules and Permit for Work Systems relating to steam powered electricity generation.
- Experience of working in a technically challenging and value driven culture.
- Strong leadership qualities, with exceptional organisational and interpersonal skills; able to engage in and develop successful long term employee and industrial relations.
- Skilled and experienced in the delivery of measurable results through others, with the proven ability to select, build, develop and inspire strong teams.
- Flexible and performance driven, with the commitment, determination and resilience to deliver added value to operational performance.
- The ability to communicate and influence effectively, and work collaboratively, at all levels.
FCC Environment (FCC Environment is the trading name for FCC Environment (UK) Limited and FCC Environment Services (UK) Limited) is a leading UK waste and resource management company, which is part of a global group with a strong heritage in providing services for communities and businesses. Our vision is to be the environmental company of choice, delivering change for a sustainable future.
FCC Environment’s core business centres on collection, resource recovery and renewable energy providing services for local authorities and commercial customers. To make our skills and expertise easily accessible to our customers, our business is grouped into five core services:
- Municipal services – household waste collection, street cleansing, parks and gardens maintenance.
- Business waste solutions –waste collection and recycling services for small and large companies.
- Recycling – material recycling facilities, household waste recycling centres.
- Green energy –recovery of energy from waste.
- Waste Processing –industrial waste treatment, hazardous wastes and landfill disposal.
We operate over 200 facilities in England, Scotland and Wales and employ around 2,500 employees. We recycle 1.2 million tonnes of waste each year.
If you wish to be considered for this challenging and exciting role, please click apply and submit your CV. You will receive an email shortly which you will need to read through.