Technical Support Specialist
Technical Support Specialist
Location: Bilsthorpe, Nottinghamshire
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Contract: Full time, Permanent
We are seeking to recruit a Technical Support Specialist to join our Sales team.
Oakwood is the largest provider of hazardous waste collection services to the UK's motor vehicle franchised network. Offering a wide selection of services, Oakwood is also the total waste partner to a variety of industry sectors. Located in Bilsthorpe Nottinghamshire, servicing customers located throughout the UK, Oakwood employs over 110 people and have ambitious plans for expansion.
Technical Support Specialist - Job description:
The successful candidate will provide commercial technical support for collections of Hazardous Waste Material, ensuring all technical guidance and legislative requirements are met. They will visit prospective and existing customers in order to ensure all pre-collection requirements are met. This will include sampling and consolidating waste producer information and completion of declarations to enable a thorough and efficient pre-acceptance of the waste.
Interact with existing and prospective customers to communicate and confirm quotations and support resolutions as a result of any non-conformances.
The role will be based at the Oakwood headquarters and ideally the candidate will live in the East Midlands region.
The successful candidate will be required to spend circa 80% of their time on customer sites and therefore needs to be flexible to travel.
Oakwood offers a variety of waste management services including Workshop Hazardous Waste, Industrial Hazardous Waste, Interceptor Cleansing Services, Bodyshop Services, Degreasing Equipment, Dry Waste and Recycling, and Total Waste Management Services. Oakwood`s corporate brochure which explains the service lines in more detail is available on request.
Technical Support Specialist - What is the role?
- The successful candidate will visit customer sites prior to collection to assess waste and provide required information to the Oakwood technical team to ensure a legal a safe collection.
- Source required information (including type, volumes and specific hazards) on potential waste collections to enable waste to be accurately identified and described.
- Make recommendations on suitable packing for collection based on ADR and best practice.
- Complete packing of wastes to meet transport requirements.
- Sampling of wastes following written procedures in order to identify difficult wastes.
- Ensure customer pre-acceptance and quotation procedure is completed for all waste collections.
- Communicate and resolve any non-conformance by waste producers.
- Gain an understanding of the various hazardous waste outlets and associated pricing, and use this knowledge to assist with the preparation of sale quotations.
Technical Support Specialist - Experience:
Suitable candidates will be able to demonstrate the following required skills:
- Proven waste industry experience and chemical competence.
- Experience packing / listing of wastes.
- Working knowledge of WM3 and associated waste collection procedures.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Competent using Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook.
And the following preferred skills:
- Chemistry Degree Level or equivalent.
We offer the opportunity to earn a competitive remuneration package in a growing company committed to the development of our people.
If you have the required skills and experience, click on APPLY and forward your up to date CV and covering letter, explaining why you are a good fit for this role.
No agencies please!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76105242