Artillery & Operational Support Instructor
Artillery & Operational Support Instructor - RAF Lyneham - Wiltshire
A brand new and exciting opportunity has arisen for an Artillery & Operational Support Instructor to join a FTSE 100 Organisation based in Wiltshire. This will be supporting the delivery of training course modules within the Artillery & Operational Support Department required for trainees in support of the DCTT EMTC contract and assisting with the technical administration of training and equipment.
- To prepare and deliver instruction on course modules in the Artillery & Operational Support Department in support of the DCTT EMTC training contract including Lesson plans, training aids, précis and student hand outs.
- To prepare relevant training material, if necessary involving Media and Graphics Department input to provide relevant Artillery/Armoured Instructional Training and maintain personal CPD portfolio in respect of new technologies and equipment ensuring that lesson plans are training sessions are developed in accordance of the approved Course Training Plans (CTP).
- Maintain personal CPD portfolio in respect of new technologies and equipment ensuring that lesson plans and training sessions are developed in accordance of the approved syllabi. Review course content to ensure it is current and evolves to support equipment advances and technologies using most appropriate training aids.
- Assessment of trainees to include: Creation of written examination and progress test papers, Creation of practical assessment/examination scenario and continuous assessments. Marking of examination papers, Setting and marking of course and homework, invigilation of examination and assessments.
Technical Experience and Qualifications (Essential)
- BSC Level 1 Working Safely
- Minimum BTEC Level 3, or Ordinary National Certificate (ONC) in the appropriate technical discipline (Electronic and Electrical) and NVQ Level 3 in Engineering Maintenance of Electronic & Electrical systems or Equivalent military qualifications, gained as Class1 REME Electronic Technician or similar RN/RAF trade
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a relevant working environment
- Knowledge of military environment and equipment
Technical Experience and Qualifications (Desirable)
- Either BSC Level 2 Supervising Staff Safely OR IOSH Managing Safely
- Experience in the maintenance of Explosive Ordnance Disposal Electronic Countermeasure equipment and/or Radar/Communication Systems
- Completed a Certificate in Education and Training Level 4 or equivalent and Care of Trainee (CoT)
- Knowledge of the REME trade Structure and operational requirements. Especially relevant to the Artillery & Operational Support
- Ability to maintain credibility with customers at all levels including students and external bodies
- Clear and relevant Technical Experience, in Electronic Maintenance.
- Demonstrable CPD towards keeping abreast of changes in technology, and technology based teaching.
- Able to coach and mentor students to achieve their best
What's on offer?
- Competitive package
- Excellent Training and Progression Opportunities
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a FTSE100 company, where there is a companywide desire to instruct, guide and deliver subject matter expertise at the highest level.