Mitigation and Recovery Handler
MBA are recruiting for an exciting global organisation where people are at the heart of everything they do. They are a strong, safe, and regulated organisation with an established and experienced management team that deliver ongoing excellence in customer service.
Crawford & Co is renowned for their claims management expertise. We work in partnership with their clients through shared values and enthusiasm to jointly focus on what matters most to customers. Our great training, combined with a commitment for continued development is a core value and we are now seeking like-minded claims and other professionals who share our passion.
Our employees are innovative, dedicated, hardworking, and reliable. They are resilient, collaborative, fast-acting, and share a passion to succeed. They hail from more than 70 countries and speak dozens of languages reflecting the global audience they serve. WE look to employ the best and the brightest individuals in the niche markets they serve, specialists who possess unmatched experience in difficult situations when their clients need us most.
After all, at the end of the day we are in business to help people.
We are currently looking for a Claims Handler to join our Mitigation and Recovery team in Nottingham with occasional travel to our Watford office.
- The role involves managing own caseloads from beginning to end
- Requirement to liaise with internal colleagues and external stakeholders - Policyholders, Third Parties, Clients, Brokers, Suppliers
- Review files &/or undertake land registry searches to correctly identify the relevant tree owners (Policyholder, Neighbour, Third Party) and confirm whether any statutory controls apply (i.e. Tree Preservation Order or Conservation Area).
- Follow process to carefully diary and escalate claims to ensure Service Level Agreements are met.
- Deal with day to day telephone queries within agreed service criteria.
- Sound technical skills to proactively manage subsidence claims.
- Good problem solving skills to initiate resolution
- Knowledge of Insurance Principles (specifically claim Mitigation & Subrogation)
- General knowledge of Building Construction.
- Clear understanding of Client requirements.
General Background, Experience & Professional Qualifications:
- Insurance qualification to Certificate level - Cert CII &/or Cert CILA preferable, or
- Commitment to achieve an Insurance qualification to Certificate level- Cert CII/Cert CILA.
- Previous experience in handling Subsidence claims is advantageous