We're part of Europe's leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It's a genuine team effort. That's why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
Sky IS Security is looking for Junior - Mid level Penetration Tester to support the Head of IS Assurance in protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of Sky's key information assets and ensure Sky meets the growing demand of internal penetration testing needs.
Candidate will be responsible for performing various security assessments, educating the Sky's business on the inherent risks, and providing meaningful hardening and mitigation strategies.
As a valued employee of Sky, you'll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, there's a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Performing penetration tests and vulnerability assessments on Sky's company assets and where necessary 3rd Parties.
- Performing application security penetration and vulnerability testing against Sky's applications.
- Work with developers. Have a direct impact on projects and applications. Identify issues and enhance security.
- Respond to cutting edge threats facing the business.
- Simulate real life Hacking attacks
- Get involved in a variety of Security Projects
- Working with the Head of IS security and leading Security experts in, Pentesting, PCI, Security Architecture, Security Management and Security Operations.
- Creating, maintaining, and presenting metrics that measure the effectiveness of the application risk management efforts over time.
- Providing consultancy and support to Sky's projects and initiatives.
- Coordinating and overseeing the work of third parties who may conduct additional penetration tests and vulnerability assessments.
- Participate in on-going research and development of a penetration testing lab and processes.
- Provide value added, high impact IT and security consulting services to our diverse business.
- Working closely with development and architecture teams to define security requirements, build secure architecture design models, and drive security initiatives.
- Web Application Penetration Testing - End User Environment
- Testing a diverse range of Applications, Devices and systems.
- Manual Web App testing for SQL injection, XSS, CSRF, Broken Auth & Session Management, Buffer overflows, OWASP top 10 etc.
- Mobile Application Security testing of Android & IOS Devices
- Help review PCI/DSS and SAO security related technical designs and solutions to ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Perform and support PCI penetration tests and remediation efforts
- Demonstrable skills in common types of penetration testing such as web/application and infrastructure testing, wireless network testing, VoIP, firewall rule set review.
- Hands-on experience with software security testing and common testing tools
- Experienced with tools such as Burp/Paros/Proxy tools, nmap, Nessus, Metasploit, Backtrack, Kali, SQL Ninja and various hacking tools.
- Strong understanding of open source, freeware, and commercial vulnerability assessment tools
- Experience with penetration testing frameworks
- Ability to do manual penetration testing/validation and not rely on automated scanners.
- 2+ years of experience performing network, web / application and wireless penetration testing including exploitation.
- Stake holder management, Scoping tests, raising change requests, deliver testing, create summary reports and advise on remediation
If you're ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It's our people that make Sky Europe's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better