Operations Manager / Facilities /Service Contracts Manager
An established company require a highly commercial Ops Manager, who has extensive experience in Service Contracts.
You will ideally come from a background with extensive knowledge in Service Contracts.
You will either currently be an Operations Manager for and M & E Company, Mechanical Electrical, Plumbing or Facilities Management, or Fire & Security.
You will be managing a team of Service Supervisors / Team Leaders, Service Coordinator, Service Administrator, Call Out Coordinators, Engineers.
Reporting directly to the Overall Manager, you will take a proactive lead in delivering a high customer focused, cost controlled, efficient and effective operational function.
You will execute effective working relationships with internal colleagues to achieve maximum customer satisfaction.
Key Responsibilities and Duties Lead and Manage
Within these functions through a team leader structure you will:
Lead and Manage employee teams:
• Regular 1-2-1’s
• Annual appraisals
• Control sickness absence and holiday’s
• Maintain personnel records, training records and certifications
• Manage new starter process liaising with HR and Payroll.
• Carry out Employee security checks
• Ensure business is compliant to ISO9001, ISO5O001 and safety regulations
• Ensure all active customer journeys are up to date and adhered to within each quality management system Service Lead the Service Operation:
• Manage day to day routine disciplines and service delivery for planned maintenance and reactive callouts
• Identify inefficiencies and suggest effective solutions
• Review margin achieved and help manage price review and any resultant increases -
• Ensure service letters are sent out as scheduled
• Ensure Handover packs and certificates completed within 7 days of site completion
• Ensure all SLA’s are met
• Ensure maintenance schedule remains within compliant timelines and is profitable •
Manage the Contract Administration function.
• Assist Project Managers and field engineers with review of key terms pre-order and pre-schedule to ensure schedule and invoicing process is phased correctly
• Review and Feedback success and issues in contract performance, highlighting profit or loss.
• Chair weekly Operations Meetings
• Attend monthly Engineers Meeting
• Proactively reviewing and monitoring processes /procedures and with management approval, suggest and implement improvements where required Installations Manage the Installations Operation
• Manage the Installation Schedule to ensure complete visibility.
• Procure all parts and labour resource including subcontractors where appropriate and ensure all are in place and properly planned for each project schedule
• Manage and mentor service coordinator to ensure service schedule is managed correctly to KPIs and to match contractual requirements of clients providing compliant as built specification compliant and full handover and commissioning pack
• Review all systems and processes, suggest and promote efficiencies and manage implementations
• Manage contracts ensuring soft and hard copy produced.
• Ensure all monitored clients are working and their accounts are up to date and compliant to regulations
• Set up and maintenance of monitoring contracts with clients including provision of resource to manage their monitored systems Engineering Team
• Manage Lead supervisors to ensure they receive support in managing their teams
• Provide valuable interface between engineering and operations teams to ensure projects achieve planned profitability
• Assist resource planning to ensure correct resource is available
• Manage training records and ensure team is fully complaint and competent to do works
Fully conversant with project management processes with demonstrable experience in use of formal major industry recognised construction contracts . Experience in leading and managing large teams to a highly competent standard
For a full job description, please send your CV in confidence in the first instance.