The RPS Group is major global energy, planning and environmental consultancy with over 5,000 staff and with offices across the UK and Europe, Australia, SE Asia, Middle East, Russia, Africa, America and Canada. Our Environment Management division provides consultancy on property, land and businesses for planning / development, due diligence, and operational management purposes.
Owing to continued growth of the team a vacancy has arisen in the Environment Team for an experienced geotechnical engineering professional.
Job Title Geotechnical Engineer
Location Based in London (Central) or Manchester (Salford Quays)
- Geotechnical engineering work related to of a range of development projects in the residential, commercial, industrial and infrastructure sectors;
- Overall management of intrusive site investigations, acquiring high quality geotechnical data and interpretation of results;
- Geotechnical production of desk study, interpretative & design reports and engineering specifications and drawings;
- Competent in geotechnical design for deep and shallow foundations, basements, slopes, earthworks, ground improvement and retaining walls including use of recognised geotechnical software packages; and
- Client management & business development opportunities,
- An undergraduate degree in Geology, Civil Engineering or similar related geoscience discipline and a post graduate qualification in Geotechnical Engineering, Engineering Geology, similar related discipline is mandatory;
- Ability to independently undertake engineering specification and geotechnical design of shallow and deep foundations, slope stability, retaining walls, earthworks and ground improvement in accordance with Eurocode recommendations and using various geotechnical software packages;
- Experience of organising, designing, and managing intrusive site investigations, and site supervision of geotechnical construction works;
- Good client management skills along with attendance at technical, business development and various internal/external client meetings; and
- Robust understanding of relevant legislation, technical guidance & codes of practice.
- Appreciation of environmental issues within Geotechnics, preliminary risk assessment and remediation techniques; and
- Membership of professional organisation, commitment towards continuing professional development and be working towards chartered engineer/geologist status.
Competitive salary with benefits including:
- 24 days holiday + bank holidays
- Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year
- Company pension scheme
- Share incentive scheme
- Life assurance
- Group Disability Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers