Solutions Recruitment are pleased to be recruiting for a World Renowned Global Automotive Supplier based in County Durham. The vacancy we are recruiting for is a Quality Technician to work on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for the Quality Assurance of the customer’s product.
- Candidates will be educated to a minimum ONC level and have successfully completed a recognised apprenticeship in Quality or an Engineering related discipline and willing to progress onto HNC.
- Must have automotive experience
- Ideally the candidate will also possess IQA / CQI Quality qualifications
Knowledge / Experience
- A good working knowledge of metal forming and fabrication processes
- Previous experience ideally in quality function of a fast moving manufacturing environment
- Good working knowledge of quality basic core tools and techniques
- The ability to cope with the pressures of a demanding manufacturing environment
- Experienced utilising quality tools such as GD&T, PPAP, FMEA, SPC, 8D Problem Solving, 7 Basic Core Tools
- Must have a confident approach to effectively deal with a variety of people within the business structure
- Good interpersonal and organization skills, ability to pay close attention to detail
- To have self-motivation, confident and proactive attitude
- Conduct regular product and process audits and feedback and feedback information as required taking appropriate actions
- Ensure that all Shift Operators adhere to the quality elements of the Standard Operating Procedures
- Identify any product or process non-conformity and potential improvement ideas.
- Ensure effective communication of Quality data to the manufacturing teams and to facilitate actions to improve.
- Assist in the resolution of Customer & Internal concerns with the Quality Engineers.
- Provide support to Plant Quality Engineers to enable Plant KPI’s to be achieved.
- Support team based problem-solving activities using structured techniques.
- The jobholder may be required to visit customer/supplier locations under the direction of the Quality Engineer in order to resolve concerns.
- To be a capable user of core basic quality tools & techniques and their application, typically: Ishikawa, Histograms, Pareto Charts, Scatter Diagrams, etc
- Set standards / supply correct documentation / train personnel regarding any concern containment actions
- Assist with testing of product in laboratory.
- The position comes with an attractive salary for a 39 hour week consisting of a rotating 3 shift pattern.