Training Programme Support
QA Apprenticeships - As the fastest-growing division of QA, we are now the UK’s leading provider of IT and business services apprenticeships. Our multi-award winning programmes have been awarded the highest possible grade by Ofsted with an amazing 'Outstanding’ in all areas.About The Role
This role acts as the first point of contact for learners giving advice, support, guidance and information at each stage of the learner pathway. You will mentor and support the IT learners in the classroom as well as delivering revision workshops and review sessions to ensure all learners are on their pathway to success.
Great opportunity to progress into a full Assessor or Trainer in the future.About The Person
- To provide information, guidance and advice related to learner welfare and pastoral care.
- To offer support to learners who are experiencing emotional or practical difficulties that are affecting their learning. This includes effective referral to other support agents both inside and outside of QA.
- To support a case load of learners on a weekly basis, reviewing support needs and logging learner outcomes to include communicating with tutors and clients as needed.
- To provide informed and impartial pre-entry guidance to assist enquirers in planning for their period of study.
- To work with learners as individuals or in groups on issues related to or affecting their studies.
- When necessary, to act as an advocate for learners.
- To liaise with QA and clients on issues related to individual learners who have learning difficulties, disabilities or other issues.
- To mentor and support learners on their learning programme, within the classroom context.
- Deliver learning support for apprentices to ensure relevant technical units/qualifications are completed within agreed timelines.
- Provide practical lab assistance and support.
- To support internal and external quality assurance activities, where required.
- To liaise with and assist teaching staff in monitoring causes behind drop-out rates and in informing and implementing strategies to promote retention.
- To contribute to programme Induction.
- To contribute to the planning and production of programme literature such as learner information, course materials and home study as required.
- To produce statistical records on attendance and absence daily where relevant.
- If desirable, work towards a teaching and/or assessing qualification.
- A Degree, Higher Education Qualification in ICT or significant industry experience in areas to be assessed is essential
- Willingness to gain qualifications deemed essential for a training/assessing role upon commencement of employment
- GCSE or equivalent in Mathematics and English at Grade C or above
- Good knowledge of Government funded Apprenticeship programmes is desirable
- Knowledge of the ICT Apprenticeship frameworks is desirable
- Knowledge of business requirements, processes and methodologies is essential
- Coaching and mentoring experience (not essential)
- Additional Learning Needs experience (not essential)
- ICT Technical skills.
- Business and Administration skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to identify individual learner needs and learning styles
- Ability to provide support for training and feedback in a way that motivates individual learners
- Understanding of equality and diversity issues and how these impact on the assessment process
- Ability to identify and help learners to overcome potential barriers to progress and achievement