Our client is looking for an experienced Assessor to join their successful business to support young people in the workplace, working towards the relevant qualifications, ensuring that students meet the standards needed to achieve these around Northamptonshire.
- Sign up learners onto relevant qualifications
- Visit learners in the workplace to assess them as part of their qualifications to ensure successful outcomes for the Apprenticeship
- Create learner portfolios and ensure they are submitted on time
- Visit learners every 4-6 weeks within the workplace to provide support, prepare assessment plans, carry out assessments and provide feedback on performance
- Carry out the assessment process in line with company expectations in relation to quality
- Carry out 12 weekly reviews with learners
- Undertake workplace Health and Safety checks
- Ensure all learners are given fair access to assessment
- Take responsibility for safeguarding and promoting of equality and welfare
- Attend and participate in meetings including standardisation
- Attend marketing events
- Maintain CPD - minimum of 30 hours a year (pro-rata)
- Promote the services and courses offered by the business
- TAQA Assessor Award or equivalent or willingness to work towards
- Professional and occupational knowledge of the relevant qualification(s) being delivered.
- High levels of organisational skills.
- Ability to be self-directed with initiative and to be able to solve practical problems with limited supervision.
- Commitment to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of young person's and/or vulnerable adults.
- Ability to deal promptly and effectively with inappropriate behavior in the workplace/learning environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to develop and sustain good working relationships.
- A strong commitment to Equality and Diversity and how it affects the workplace/learning environment.
- Possess Full UK Licence & own transport.
Demonstrate recent work experience in line with the Awarding Assessment strategy for the qualification(s) being delivered.Values and Competencies
Business Acumen - Knows how the business works and how their role fits within it Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations of internal and external customers Decision and Problem solving - Making effective decisions and finding solutions to problems
Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations of internal and external customers Decision and Problem solving - Making effective decisions and finding solutions to problems
Decision and Problem-solving - Making effective decisions and finding solutions to problems