Science Solutions are currently recruiting for a Process Engineer for a leading speciality chemicals and materials company based in the North Lancashire area.
Recent graduates who match the majority of the brief or those with prior relevant industrial experience are invited to apply.
Good engineering drawing skills are essential.
- Follow, analyze and resolve production issues; safety, quality, process, productivity, scrap FPY etc.
- Commission new equipment and production lines (with support).
- Develop AutoCAD skills to support the procurement of new tooling, and improved machine design. A good aptitude for engineering drawing is important, CAD skills can be progressed.
- Lead the management and interpretation of the hose data logging system (Data Manager Pro).
- Conduct laboratory testing, and produce test reports.
- Support tooling procurement and make tooling modifications and improvements as required.
- Become competent in the design of 'Milan' tooling (die, back-holes, seal & mandrel).
- Initiate developments at the laboratory level and then scale up to production with validation.
- Contribute to cost reduction through process improvement and or material savings.
- Participate in and or lead root cause analysis, PFMEA, and focused improvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Excellent technical skills
- Good engineering drawing skills. AutoCAD is a plus, or will be required to learn.
- Strong problem solving skills and conceptual skills. Analytical data driven approach to solving problems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills at all levels of the business
- Highly motivated with evidence of ability to work on own initiative and in a team
- Strong cooperative decision making, and teamwork skills
- Good organizational, planning and interpersonal skills
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76008049