QA/QC Technician Backshift
My Corby based client has a great opportunity within a Technical Department for a QA/QC Technician to assist with the the responsibility for the successful development and control of all new and existing Food based products sold by the business, ensuring that they are produced within the appropriate regulatory environment and to customer and company specifications, towards the delivery of business plan objectives.
To support the Quality Supervisor in the day to day functions of the Quality department, and to be a supportive member of the Technical team by ensuring compliance with the company's Food Safety, HACCP, Quality, GMP and H&S procedures.
- Responsible for quality checks on incoming materials, packaging and 3rd party finished product, confirming item complies with specification and Certificates of Analysis, and recording information on IFS. Reporting of issues identified to Quality Supervisor.
- To carry out routine material testing and checks, preparing samples for assessment in house and externally, collating retained and other samples.
- To review external laboratory results, reporting any out of specification results to appropriate Manager.
- To liaise with suppliers on matters such as missing documentation and late results.
- Carry out routine on line and CCP checks in all production areas, reporting any nonconformity to production and the Quality Supervisor. Working with production to resolve issues found.
- To carry out visual inspection and ATP machine swabbing to verify that the standard of cleaning is satisfactory, reporting non-conformities to the appropriate department for action.
- To uphold the departmental and company standards in respect of food safety, personal hygiene and GMP and to report any non conformities to the appropriate departmental Manager.
- To carry out internal food safety audits as scheduled by the Quality Supervisor.
- To review, collate and record information, where appropriate, from production paperwork such as production shop orders, production sheets and quality checks and other similar records.
- To maintain departmental records ensuring data recorded is accurate and completed in a timely manner.
- To assist the Quality Supervisor in updating and issuing controlled documents, such as line specifications.
- To assist the Quality Supervisor in the investigation of product complaints, foreign body finds and other potential food safety incidents.
- To be proactive in organising own workload and having a self-motivated attitude towards departmental workload. Assisting the Quality Supervisor during periods of minimal operations.
- To maintain the lab and office work area in a clean and hygienic condition reporting any issues requiring maintenance to the QS.
- To represent the department at meetings and to liaise with other departments as required.
- Assisting in NPD projects as required.
- Undertake other duties and tasks that from time to time may be allocated to the jobholder that are appropriate to the grade of the job.
- Comply with all internal rules, policies and procedures, including those relating to Health & Safety, Data Protection etc, and all those contained within the issued Employee Handbook.
The successful candidate will possess the following:-
- Educated to a general GCSE standard as a minimum with passes above a Grade C in science related subjects
- Basic qualifications or an equivalent in food safety, HACCP procedures and laboratory methods
- Minimum Level 2 Food Hygiene - Level 3 preferable
- Minimum Level 2 HACCP desirable
You will also have had the following specific experience:-
- Minimum of 2-3 years' experience in a similar QA/QC role (more than 3 years preferred) within the food industry. Minimum experience of having previously worked in factory processing and laboratory environments and being able to understand and appreciate quality guidelines and procedures
- Will need to demonstrate some experience of the typical quality functions such food safety audits, line checks, CCP checks, goods-in inspections, sampling, micro/chemical submissions and results reporting, hygiene swabbing, product testing and general administrative activities
- Analytical with an attention to detail
- Some experience of working in a team environment
The successful candidate will also have the following Abilities/Skills/Knowledge:
- A confident command of the English language and basic mathematical skills when writing reports and understanding documentation on relevant legislation, specifications, labelling regulations and other company procedures
- Confident communication skills to communicate internally with production and warehousing and externally with laboratories and suppliers
- Intermediate level IT skills, especially in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proactive, self-motivated and able to work within a team
- Methodical and analytical when conducting quality tests against procedures, conducting audits and investigating foreign bodies in product
- Flexible and organised with a positive attitude and an ability to work under pressure
If you feel you meet the above criteria, and are looking to join a great company who offer a positive work environment and a good benefits package, email your CV now for immediate consideration.