SEND Learning Assistant (Primary)
Isaac Newton Academy, Redbridge
Principal: Rachel Macfarlane
We are looking for a SEND Learning Assistant to join our primary team.
New, six form entry, mixed 4-18 comprehensive in Redbridge.
In September 2012 Isaac Newton Academy opened with its inaugural cohort of 180 year 7 students. In 2014 the primary phase opened with 90 pupils per year group. The school will grow, year on year, to become a 4-18 academy of nearly 2000 students.
We are looking for a SEND Learning Assistant to join our primary team. He/she will deliver outstanding support to teachers and students to ensure that students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) learn effectively and make outstanding progress.
Our ideal candidate will:
- have experience of establishing successful learning relationships with a variety of children, including those with SEND
- have experience of working with children in small groups and on a 1 to 1 basis
- have an understanding of the strategies needed to establish consistently high aspirations and standards of results and behaviour in an urban school setting
- be approachable, highly organised and flexible, with excellent communication and ICT skills
- have the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of our students.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- play a key role in the evolution of Isaac Newton Academy
- support students in maintaining excellent behaviour both in lessons and around the academy site, as well as plan and facilitate behaviour management programmes
- join the Ark network, with comprehensive career and professional development provisions.
If you are seeking a challenging and highly rewarding position, enriching the lives of the students who attend Isaac Newton Academy and members of the local community, then we are keen to hear from you.
If you have any technical issues with the application form please contact our recruitment team on 0203 116 6345. For a candidate information pack or an informal, confidential discussion please contact Adeel Hussain, HR Officer, on 020 8911 6657.
To apply please go to our website via the button below. Please complete your application by 5pm on Monday 16th October 2017.
Location: Ilford, Redbridge
Start date: As soon as possible
Deadline: 5pm on Monday 16th October 2017
Salary: £20,599 - £25,239 pro rata per annum (actual: £18,093 - £22,168)
Hours: Term time only plus 1 week. 36 hours per week
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.