Financial Inclusion Officer (Temp)
Our Maidenhead client requires a Financial Inclusion Officer to join their team.
The role is starting on Monday 16th October till 16th January 2018 so only apply if you are free during that period.
The main duties of the role are to maximise customers income through benefit take up, carry out financial assessments, complete benefit forms. The special skills/knowledge/experience required is Welfare Rights knowledge
An enhanced DBS is required
- Ensure income maximisation through the take up of appropriate benefits, completion of benefit forms and preparing customers for changes in the welfare reform system.
- To manage workload through an appointment system, arranging visits at the customer's home both during and outside of office hours.
- To support and guide customers enabling them to budget for priority debts and prevent arrears occurring or escalating.
- To provide and carry out financial health checks for customers to ensure they are able to sustain their tenancy
- Provide manual calculations for benefit entitlements with customers where appropriate.
- Maintain case records for the purpose of continuity of casework, information retrieval, monitoring and reporting
- Undertakes all administrative or support functions to support the objectives of this role
- Keeps up to date with relevant welfare rights legislation, case law, policy or practice developments
- Experience of counselling and advising tenants over Welfare Benefit entitlements
- Excellent knowledge of Housing Benefit Regulations, DWP benefits & the Tax Credit system
- Awareness of current housing/financial climate issues
- Flexible in approach to hours worked as may need to attend evening or weekend events where required.
- Full driving licence and use of a car for business purposes
- Experience of lone working eg home visits
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76769235