SEN Teaching Assistant
Seeking an SEN Teaching Assistant to work with reception age special needs students in a school in Horchurch. The students are all very high needs and require a number of support staff. This is a full time position perfect for someone who is patient, calm and has a passion for working with special needs.
This will be ideal for any passionate SEN Teaching Assistant that can ensure students education and care is of a high standard.
- As an SEN Teaching Assistant you will be responsible for providing a dynamic range of support for the student with additional needs.
- The chosen SEN Teaching Assistant will be working with students with a statement of special needs including cerybal palsy, downs syndrome and epilepsy.
- This role will entail personal care duties.
- Most pupils are non-verbal and therefore will require assistance with communication.
- Experience of SEN schedules and plans within schools could be an advantage.
- The ideal candidate will have sound knowledge of SEN, such as mild and profound learning difficulties and have some experience working 1:1 with these needs.
- Supporting pupils with sensory and visual learning.
- Ability to build a rapport with the student to ensure they are happy and can integrate as fully as possible.
- You will ensure they can thrive and fully develop their social, cognitive and emotional skills.
- You must have a calming nature and a developed knowledge and understanding of the particular needs of the student.
- Experience with PECS could be an advantage.
For this SEN Teaching Assistant position it is ideal if you are:
Qualified with a relevant Level 2/3 Teaching Assistant certification and/or SEN qualifications.
Previous experience working with moderate to complex learning difficulties would be an advantage such as in a care or school based setting.
This post is full time to start ASAP
This post is subject to vetting including enhanced DBS and other safeguarding procedures.
If you feel you are suitable for this role, please get in touch we would be happy to hear from you. We here at Apex Education Training strive to find you the perfect work/life balance. So let us know your requirements and we will work with you to find suitable employment in schools.
- Meet you locally at a mutual time and venue
- Assist with CV's or Applications
- Preparation for interviews
- Guidance with your tax and making sure you are on the correct coding
- Personal advisor for continued support and development
- Get you paid to your scales