Ranston Farms has a diversity of businesses: including farming, wood chip production for biomass boilers, property development and an extensive fibre & wireless network known as Wessex Internet. This award winning rural ISP is currently a joint venture between Ranston & M12 and supports 2000 customers with 2500+ devices, 110 masts and over 250kms of private fibre.
We are looking for a candidate who shares our vision and passion for innovation in rural communities. On offer is the chance to work in a technical and varied role with a company who will invest in training and further development.
You will be primarily working within the Wireless and Fibre Network helping to manage the technical network mapping. The candidate should show an aptitude to take on the following tasks with some assistance:
- Mapping each Point of Presence on the network including: creating a site map of each network site, recording precise GPS location, antenna height and orientation, recording device models, MAC addresses and other identifiers, taking photographs etc.
- Creating network maps using a combination of GIS mapping software, Visio, Lucid chart or diagrammatic software.
- Creating and keeping updated the individual property level wireless coverage mapping over the network of 130 masts.
- Help the Technical Network Manager track the wireless spectrum use across the network to ensure the available spectrum is optimally used.
In addition, and where time permits, there may be occasional tasks on the Estate side of the business helping undertake property valuations and assessing repair work.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree or equivalent in Surveying or Technology equivalent
- Experience of using CAD or GIS software to map assets
- Any experience of Telecoms surveying would be a real benefit
Required licence or certification: Driving Licence
Ranston values its staff and believes in offering training & career development. As well as a competitive pay scheme, we offer other benefits.
We look forward to hearing from you.